Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Will we get P3d v4.6?

42 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

Not everyone.

That's what I meant, the graphics always getting better, goes without saying. What we will always get improvements to, like all games are getting spectacular in the visuals. Looking real out the window is what I want too no doubt about that. So I'm not saying we don't want graphics.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

53 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

More than half of participants answered they are considering replacing their current sim with MSFS2020.

Nope. They answered they are considering PURCHASING MSFS2020.

Completely different story.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

51 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

To me graphics are everything at this point in time. The simulation part has been as good as I needs to be for a decade already. 

What I was saying is that the simulator program on the desktop needs to be a better facility altogether. So that it serves the purpose of MORE people. Everybody that want it.

9 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Nope. They answered they are considering PURCHASING MSFS2020.

Completely different story.

Why would people buy it if they don't intent to use it? If it will be everything we want and hope it will be why on earth would anybody just purchase it and not use it? But that doesn't matter at all because you're wrong. The question in the survey was "Are you considering TO REPLACE your flight simulator software?" and the answer of 56% of participants was "Yes, with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020". 

So... yes.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, simbol said:

I wouldn't worry too much about backward compatibility... :wink:

S.

I can interpret that in two ways. 

1. don't worry about backward compatibility as LM have nailed it somehow, so much so that it just isn't a problem.

2. don't worry about backward compatibility as there isn't any in V5.

Thanks Raul, I'm even more confused about the future of P3D.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I think there's some part of the P3D documentation where they state that maintaining compatibility is what they were doing as development progresses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

P3D v4 was the first version of P3D that I purchased and it's my last.

Right now I could care less if P3D v4.6 is released. I'm enjoying, for the 1st time ever, flying in photo realistic sceneries with custom AG & night lighting and most of the scenery packages are freeware. There's certainly an expense in hardware, but it's pennies compared to all the $$$ I spend on add-ons for my flightsim.

I know why many in this great community enjoy flight simming. I'm interested in exploring the world and all its beauty. MSFS2020 will allow me to do that with the added feature of realistic and dynamic weather. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Just for fun! 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, simmerhead said:

What I don't get is all this "preaching" where people present their own wants and needs as the truth, and as something that should apply for the flight sim community as a whole. 

You didn't respond. I presume you are not including me in this group. Since I don't preaching anything I personally want to anyone. Mind you I won't be bulldozered over by black is white. White is white and I want it to stay white.

2 hours ago, Reader said:

It seems to be built in to some of us that we need to show that we are better than all the rest and that all the rest need to be converted to our better way. It's nothing new and predates flight simulators by thousands of years.

Everyone want's to feel wanted or useful rather than better I think. Folk looking for reasons to think that are wrong.

How about the Blind group I am working with. Believe it or not, they want better graphics too. They like to think their flight sim looks great at all times. However their screen readers have trouble reading the simulator menus and things like that, simple overall things like that is what I had in mind.

17 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have the Beechcraft Baron B58 in P3D v4.5HF2. I kept a copy of it from an earlier version, because I use it as the default aircraft when the Scenario screen loads.

Yes, an old favourite.

I switched to the B58 as the default aircraft as soon as I experienced a problem with one of my addon planes after loading the installation default F22 (in P3D v3). I have kept it that way ever since.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

That's what I meant, the graphics always getting better, goes without saying. What we will always get improvements to, like all games are getting spectacular in the visuals. Looking real out the window is what I want too no doubt about that. So I'm not saying we don't want graphics.

Graphics, important but not paramount. I've been playing theses recent months two games which have dated graphics but also have very good gameplay. The alchemy of a good game is complex.

And for a flight sim what is graphics ?

Is it the accuracy of the graphic rendering in itself (resolution, swiftness etc.) or the accuracy of the content being displayed mesh, land cover (LC map or orthos), atmospheric light rendering, clouds and so on and so forth. So many aspects to sort out. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

You didn't respond. I presume you are not including me in this group. Since I don't preaching anything I personally want to anyone. Mind you I won't be bulldozered over by black is white. White is white and I want it to stay white.

You're right. I didn't respond since I never included you in that group of "preachers", and I had nothing more to add. 

What this thread clearly shows is how different we value and judge the progress made by LM from ESP to the current version of Prepar3D. From those who find it an extraordinary achievement to those who have the lipstick on a pig mindset. Admittedly I might be too vocal about my own stance, and I probably should clean up my own act, before I pass judgement on others. 😞 

But Prepar3D v5 seems to be imminent and I'm sure we're all eager to see what LM has to offer. For some it will be great, for others, meh... But times they are a changin'. It will be really interesting to see if Microsoft can win back the heart and minds of the hard core simmers, but even more interesting, how many current Prepar3D users that are willing to make the upgrade to v5. 

• Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

10 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

What this thread clearly shows is how different we value and judge the progress made by LM from ESP to the current version of Prepar3D. From those who find it an extraordinary achievement to those who have the lipstick on a pig mindset.  

No lipstick on a pig nor  extraordinary achievement but the same incremental continuity we've seen, I'd say, from 2K2. A good sim getting better with each version without great innovation. Regular improvements. Only thing is, it seems that the rule of the FS game is a changin' in 2020.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam