Sign in to follow this  
Kudum

Proper Use of DA40 in P3D

Hello,

I am currently working on my ATPL and am quite new in the world of simulators, so sorry in advance if some of my questions appear silly 😉

I would like to train at home using the plane I'm flying with but I have a few issues and I am seeking for help 🙂

I installed P3D V4 Academic and bought the DA40 from Carenado (which the same as Alabeo's right ?)

But I don't manage to make a few things work : 

- The DME is not working (no display at all, no functionnal switches) : I read that we can use the 172RG's instead (by modifying the panel.cfg) but I don't own this one. Is there another way ?

- The ADF is not controllable : the display is ok and I can switch between both frequencies but I cannot modify the frequencies. 

- The GNS 430 are not working either (a few buttons are working but I also can't modify the frequencies nor use the approachs and other infos)

For this last one, I saw that we can buy the GNS430/530 from RealityXP but is it mandatory ? Do we have to buy it or it is only for advanced functions ? 

Thank you very much,

3 hours ago, Kudum said:

- The ADF is not controllable : the display is ok and I can switch between both frequencies but I cannot modify the frequencies. 

- The GNS 430 are not working either (a few buttons are working but I also can't modify the frequencies nor use the approachs and other infos)

Don't have the DA40 presently installed, but AFAIR you can change the frequencies with the mouse wheel on both, the ADF and the GNS.

Thank you very much for your reply !

That Solves 2 of my problems 🙂

Any help on the DME issue ?

23 hours ago, Kudum said:

Any help on the DME issue ?

Sorry, no idea.

I submitted a support request to Alabeo in Nov 2018. I received a prompt automated reply saying their support staff is working on it. Nothing since. I have the Lionheart version of the DA40 also and systems on it are even worse. Alabeo/Carenado are known for good visuals but poor systems. A2A, MilViz and Vertx are top of the line with in-depth systems and even Just Flight has some good offerings but none of those have a DA40. The Vertx DA62 is one of the best but is quite different from the DA40. You mostly do get what you pay for. 

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

Hello,

I finally managed to get a functional DME in the DA40 by using the one from the Commander 114 (by modifying the panel.cfg file)

It is not ideal but it works 🙂 

(Just need the track information (from GNS430) to properly train myself and it will be fine!)

Edited by Kudum
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 3:19 AM, Kudum said:

I finally managed to get a functional DME in the DA40 by using the one from the Commander 114 (by modifying the panel.cfg file)

Thanks for the tip! I got it working with everything but the button animations and I can certainly live with that.

Gerry

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |