Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Traffic Global Working Correctly?

So I've had this plugin for a while but I cant ever tell if it is working correctly. Seems every airport i depart or arrive to over half the gates are empty. Maybe 20 planes in an airport like DFW. I compile like i am supposed to and use the maximum setting. Do I have to do this every time before i open P3D? Anyone having similar issues ?

Thanks

No you only compile when you install or after you add an airport or edit the AFCAD file, some addon airports have the parking coded for different AI this can cause a pier to have no aircraft parked at the gates. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Much better off using AIG's free AI Manager. Superior models, liveries, and airlines including cargo operators.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

Much better off using AIG's free AI Manager. Superior models, liveries, and airlines including cargo operators.

Here I use both + FSPXAI models with PSXT + RT.

Imho the FSPXAI models are the best followed by TG and then AIG. The models from the first 2 are made using the latest  P3Dv4 SDK.

With the free AIG only you can’t go wrong as the difference in framerate with the other 2 packages is very little ..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I got traffic global for Xp11.  Its awful. 

My friend gave me a copy of the BGL that comes with P3Dv4 version of traffic global.  It is once again awful. 

Like mr salden and dave have said the best is AIG or using real traffic in conjunction with psxt

14ppkc-6.png

Depends what you mean by working correctly. If you mean does it put traffic at airports globally, then yes, it does do that, just not very convincingly. It's still an early access product, so there is no guarantee that it will work anything near perfectly, which is the deal one agrees to when buying an early access product. Having said that, when I look at my Just Flight account and see when I bought Traffic Global, it tells me that my purchase date was 31/05/2018, this means it's only got about three months to go, and it'll have been in 'early access' for two years.

Now call me picky if you like, because they never actually stated a release date, but having something in early access for nearly two years is, quite frankly, taking the p***. I could perhaps forgive this a bit more if it had shown a ton of increasingly more impressive improvements over that period of time, or been sold at a rock bottom bargain basement price to offset its somewhat underwhelming features, but it was £27.99 for the early access version instead of its (alleged, since it's not been released as a finished product) regular price of £34.99. So you got seven quid off the price of it, which is undeniably a discount, but given that it's fallen well short of delivering on the big promises it was supposed to fulfill, and taken the best part of two years to even manage that dubious accolade, that doesn't seem like a great discount to me.

But all this complaining aside, it does put traffic at airports, globally, and that traffic is not the default FS aeroplanes with their fictitious liveries. So it kind of works. But it's a long way from being a close facsimile of what you really see at those airports.

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"it's fallen well short of delivering on the big promises it was supposed to fulfil"

What is it not doing that you think it should do?

"it's a long way from being a close facsimile of what you really see at those airports. "
It uses a real-world database, real aircraft and real liveries. It is never going to be possible to create a program that mirrors FlightRadar24, globally, in a sim. All you can do is provide a compromise that adheres as closely as possible to the real-world situation, within the limitations of the host.

TG is due one more major update that will update the database and add some new aircraft, but, in terms of what it's supposed to do - adding AI traffic to FSX and P3D - it already fulfils that function.

The problems come from the fact that TG loads the gates at the world airports that have flight plans in the real world, this is a problem when it comes to default airports AFCAD , for example some today in the sim are just a runway laid down by MS when FS was made but now have traffic, default AFCAD`s are not AI friendly and may only have 2-8 gates of a size to load small 18 aircraft most are 7-10 size GA , one upside if you have an addon airport that's not in the sim database TG will have flight plans it has a lot of errors for unknow airports, TG will not spawn aircraft like other AI programs when aircraft suddenly appear next to you or disappear. in the end use the AI program that suit you. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I've been using freeware traffic for ages, but just out of curiosity I tried Traffic Global early access. While it showed promise, and some of the models did look good, there were issues. I tried repainting a 737 and the texture mapping was awful. I've seen some screenshots of Southwest 730's and the tail graphic doesn't even line up with the fuselage. Also the quality of repaints varied greatly. For instance the American liveries didn't even match from model to model. How hard can it be to get everyone a standard set of colors and logos?

I'm using AIG's AI Manager and couldn't be happier, and am in the process of updating my hoard.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

56 minutes ago, Coneman said:

I've seen some screenshots of Southwest 730's and the tail graphic doesn't even line up with the fuselage.

That bug was fixed some time ago. You should update to the latest version and try again.

5 hours ago, Dereksmalls said:

That bug was fixed some time ago. You should update to the latest version and try again.

No, I got a refund a long time ago. Too many other issues. Payware should be at least as good as freeware, no?

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

6 hours ago, Coneman said:

No, I got a refund a long time ago. Too many other issues. Payware should be at least as good as freeware, no?

It depends, I guess. Is there a freeware program that adds that number of aircraft, flights, liveries and so forth in a single install that works fine for most users with no tweaking required? As Ray says above, you have to make a choice. We've been making the Traffic series for nearly twenty years now and, while it will never satisfy every demand for AI traffic, it's the most popular title we publish - latest version included. We must be getting something right, otherwise customers would vote with their wallets.

I use Traffic Global in combination with VoxAtc which generates its own traffic from Traffic Global. Airports are filled with the right traffic, really busy and it also vectors ground and air traffic hundred times better then default Atc. Much better then the combo UTL / proatc which I had before.

gr.

Robert

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

I use Traffic Global in combination with VoxAtc which generates its own traffic from Traffic Global. Airports are filled with the right traffic, really busy and it also vectors ground and air traffic hundred times better then default Atc. Much better then the combo UTL / proatc which I had before.

gr.

Robert

Good for you, and VoxATC was the reason why I tried TG to begin with. Unfortunately, smaller airports have hardly any traffic at all with TG. Since I fly mostly to such airports, TG is almost worse than default traffic for me.

Peter

5 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Good for you, and VoxATC was the reason why I tried TG to begin with. Unfortunately, smaller airports have hardly any traffic at all with TG. Since I fly mostly to such airports, TG is almost worse than default traffic for me.

Peter

Too bad it doesn’t work for you, what do you mean with small airports? How small? Airports like Eddw and Eheh work perfectly  here . Showing traffic what could be there in Reallife, I know because I was there few times in RL. but if you want even smaller I don’t think the combination works, it works for IFR airports from this size and bigger.

Edited by rob0203