Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Traffic Global Working Correctly?

42 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Too bad it doesn’t work for you, what do you mean with small airports? How small? Airports like Eddw and Eheh work perfectly  here . Showing traffic what could be there in Reallife, I know because I was there few times in RL. but if you want even smaller I don’t think the combination works, it works for IFR airports from this size and bigger.

Ah, Bremen and Eindhoven are a bit bigger than what I frequent. I fly often in Canada. CYUL, CYYZ and so on work fine, even Quebec City CYQB and Halifax CYHZ are OK. But there is never anything at, say Sydney CYQY or Sept Iles CYZV. I understand that they have little traffic in real life, but UT live makes me feel less lonely at these airports. 

7 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Ah, Bremen and Eindhoven are a bit bigger than what I frequent. I fly often in Canada. CYUL, CYYZ and so on work fine, even Quebec City CYQB and Halifax CYHZ are OK. But there is never anything at, say Sydney CYQY or Sept Iles CYZV. I understand that they have little traffic in real life, but UT live makes me feel less lonely at these airports. 

Yes, I can imagine that UTL is better for you then. Only the vectoring and ground traffic is really bad since it can only work with default Atc. At EHAM I had to wait for 20 other airplanes all arriving and taking off on on the same runway. With VoxATC there can be multiple runways in use.  Also a lot of times other aircraft at the same approach as you just one mile away, lot of traffic conflicts.

Edited by rob0203

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, I can imagine that UTL is better for you then. Only the vectoring and ground traffic is really bad since it can only work with default Atc. At EHAM I had to wait for 20 other airplanes all arriving and taking off on on the same runway. With VoxATC there can be multiple runways in use.  Also a lot of times other aircraft at the same approach as you just one mile away, lot of traffic conflicts.

Kind of the opposite of my problem 🙂

If that doesn't spoil your immersion, you could use the traffic zapper of FSUIPC to remove airplanes in front of you. I sometimes did that when I got impatient waiting in line for traffic in front of me.

Peter

On 2/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, Dereksmalls said:

"it's fallen well short of delivering on the big promises it was supposed to fulfil"

What is it not doing that you think it should do?

"it's a long way from being a close facsimile of what you really see at those airports. "
It uses a real-world database, real aircraft and real liveries. It is never going to be possible to create a program that mirrors FlightRadar24, globally, in a sim. All you can do is provide a compromise that adheres as closely as possible to the real-world situation, within the limitations of the host.

TG is due one more major update that will update the database and add some new aircraft, but, in terms of what it's supposed to do - adding AI traffic to FSX and P3D - it already fulfils that function.

The schedules are out of date, the BGL isnt optimised and even the airlines they do have are missing 100s and 100s of flights from the schedules which are years old. 

All they have to do is release accurate schedules every 6 months. 

With technology nowadays there is numerous cheap ways to do it.  As with UT live these developers again have duped us again with promises of an accurate ai program which is far far away from the truth 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

The performance I find it better than UTLive and it doesn't require as much tinkering like UTLive. Lots of UTLive liveries are old, (such as United still using the blue tulip livery) whilst TrafficGlobal doesn't need to much tinkering with the AI textures as most of them aren't too old. 

But I do have a problem with the schedules. I flew around my home airport San Jose and using ImagineSim KSJC. Southwest operates out of Terminal B now however TrafficGlobal placed all Southwest operations in Terminal A. Southwest hasn't used Terminal A in more than 10 years (besides for about maybe 3 ~ 4 gates used by Southwest but were eventually given to United). Also there was an Azul ATR parked in Terminal B even though I've never seen an ATR at San Jose in real life nor do I think Azul even operates to San Jose anymore. If you don't like to do any setup, TrafficGlobal is good but its schedules are super outdated. However I think if you have VoxATC it will correctly place the planes. AIG is pretty good and the schedules aren't super old but they do require some setup whilst TrafficGlobal is just install and compile the database. AIG includes better models and textures than both UTLive and TrafficGlobal and it even has cargo ops. AIG also is free whilst both UTLive and TrafficGlobal are not... 

Edited by arwasairl

Yes, it is just what you want: a believable environment in a flight simulator or a airline schedule simulator 🤪

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, it is just what you want: a believable environment in a flight simulator or a airline schedule simulator 🤪

You can have both : I use the TF aircraft with PSXT+RT

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I switched to UTlive and haven't looked back since, much better frame rate and better planes. A win win.

Now if the cargo add-on would ever get released......... supposedly this can be done manually but who has time for that. lol...

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

21 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

I switched to UTlive and haven't looked back since, much better frame rate and better planes. A win win.

Now if the cargo add-on would ever get released......... supposedly this can be done manually but who has time for that. lol...

Nothings ever going to be updated with ut live.  You're going to have to make do with 3 year old schedules for it.  Live it certainly isn't.  Neither was ut1 or Ut2.  See the trend here.  Same with traffic global.  All fart and no poo poo

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

No AI Program will be truly realistic according to FlightRadar24 some 200,000 flights a day, and then you see users putting the slider or settings to less then 50% for performance, in the end you run the sim as you want it to run.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

There is a group of young kids creating airlines for VAs here 

https://virtualairlineschedules.net/

They must be  pulling the data (albeit a month old) from flight radar/flightware or a similar website.  (Because they have the diverts and ferry sectors in)

If a bunch of teenagers can do it every month, and I commend them for their efforts, then a developer can do it once every 6 months.   There Is plenty of places that will sell you schedule data (oag, saber, flight stats) to make the ai traffic somewhat current you don't need to do what the teenagers are doing.  You can buy up-to-date schedules for a season from OAG https://www.oag.com/

My beef is both UT live and Traffic Global is on release they banged on and tried sell us the idea that this is what they are going to be doing to keep the schedules 'up to date' to generate sales, a kpi and a strap line,  and then never actually never do it.   The developer from Ultimate Traffic has done this not once BUT 3 TIMES. 

I understand that some people don't care if there's thomas cooks, monarchs, comets and concordes taxing around, but the issue I have as mentioned is both Traffic Global and Utilmate Traffic have lied through their teeth about the products accuracy in order to generate sales and then duped the consumer (me) over and over again 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

"My beef is both UT live and Traffic Global is on release they banged on and tried sell us the idea that this is what they are going to be doing to keep the schedules 'up to date' to generate sales, a kpi and a strap line,  and then never actually never do it.   The developer from Ultimate Traffic has done this not once BUT 3 TIMES. "

Don't forget all the add-on's that were supposed to be released. "Cargo traffic", "Military traffic" ect. ect. Why both developers leave money on the table just doesn't make sence. People are willing to buy these add-on's but they don't seem to care. It would be cool to see some C-5, C-17, F-15 traffic.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

3 hours ago, TurboKen said:

It would be cool to see some C-5, C-17, F-15 traffic.

It is cool seeing them. MAIW Matrix will add those ai  models into your sim.

Freeware for the win, again.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

This is Manchester with Traffic Global doing the A.I. At first glance it's not a million miles away from what you'd see there for real, but there absolutely are some things which could definitely improve matters.

Ru9dI00.png

So what is wrong with this picture? Well, it's not appallingly incorrect, and if you're not too bothered about variety of aircraft types and strict adherence to which airlines tend to use which stands, then you could do worse if all you want is some airliners with real names on them on landing and taking off. The problem is that when Traffic Global was announced with much promise and fanfare of what was to come, it was not launched under the phrase: Traffic Global... well you could do worse!

So what exactly is the issue? Okay, we'll ignore the fact that some of those Ryanair and Lufthansa airliners are on stands where you literally never see them except once in a blue moon, because they're not too far away from where you can see them most of the time, so let's not be too picky. But, can you see any aircraft bigger than an A320 or a B737? Nope, you can't, and you definitely should be able to, because Manchester Airport serves tons of airlines including (to name a few) Etihad, Emirates, Hainan, Singapore, Fed Ex, El Al, Jet 2, TUI, Icelandair, Air Tanker, Turkish Airlines, TAP, Swiss, American Airlines, Delta, United, Ethiopian, Saudia, etc, all of which have things such as A380s, A330s, A340s, B787s, B777s, B767s, B757s, yet not one of these is visible anywhere.

So whilst on the face of it it doesn't look terrible, it's a long way from delivering what was promised when it was launched.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Go look at LAX, you'll be hard pressed to find any International traffic. Also, large fleets like United and Alaska 737's (for starters) are all the wrong type of aircraft. Oh, and can't forget that all of the flightplans area all incredibly basic 1 return flight every 24hrs.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS