Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Traffic Global Working Correctly?

1 hour ago, Chock said:

This is Manchester with Traffic Global doing the A.I. At first glance it's not a million miles away from what you'd see there for real, but there absolutely are some things which could definitely improve matters.

Ru9dI00.png

So what is wrong with this picture? Well, it's not appallingly incorrect, and if you're not too bothered about variety of aircraft types and strict adherence to which airlines tend to use which stands, then you could do worse if all you want is some airliners with real names on them on landing and taking off. The problem is that when Traffic Global was announced with much promise and fanfare of what was to come, it was not launched under the phrase: Traffic Global... well you could do worse!

So what exactly is the issue? Okay, we'll ignore the fact that some of those Ryanair and Lufthansa airliners are on stands where you literally never see them except once in a blue moon, because they're not too far away from where you can see them most of the time, so let's not be too picky. But, can you see any aircraft bigger than an A320 or a B737? Nope, you can't, and you definitely should be able to, because Manchester Airport serves tons of airlines including (to name a few) Etihad, Emirates, Hainan, Singapore, Fed Ex, El Al, Jet 2, TUI, Icelandair, Air Tanker, Turkish Airlines, TAP, Swiss, American Airlines, Delta, United, Ethiopian, Saudia, etc, all of which have things such as A380s, A330s, A340s, B787s, B777s, B767s, B757s, yet not one of these is visible anywhere.

So whilst on the face of it it doesn't look terrible, it's a long way from delivering what was promised when it was launched.

I counted 16 easyjet aircraft (maybe my eyesight is off) , even at 0300z in mid august thats nearly double the amount that should be there, so in one pic its shows how unoptimsed it is. or theres 10 aogs !!   and all in the old colors too..

Secondly if that euro wings wasnt there you could of said that was Manchester in 5 or 10  years ago and it was somewhat accurate. 

I get the point your making chock, but i could take a screenshot of Vegas with a Ton of Southwests and American Airlines and say its accurate and you could do worse. Same with EGLL with a load of ba a/c and some aer lingus and luftys.. 

no matter whichever way you cut it, both Traffic Global and Ultimate Traffic have not lived up to their promises of updating their products, (which is why i bought them)  

But I also agree there is not one heavy A/C in that pic, (depending on the time of day) there should be a 2 virgin 747s , and a 330 there.    at least the weather is accurate though...

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

25 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Go look at LAX, you'll be hard pressed to find any International traffic. Also, large fleets like United and Alaska 737's (for starters) are all the wrong type of aircraft.

the xp11 version is even worse than the p3d version.  they have whole airports missing TLV for example and whole fleets missing 350s for example.  And theres pages and pages of CTD posts on the xp forumn.  

I remember when I questioned the developer on here when it was being flogging it as pay to beta.. Oh no he said "oh no its not a pay to beta we will be constantly working on it" same old rubbish that Steve from flight1 said about UT  3 times in a row.

14ppkc-6.png

You are complaining a lot as you expect TG to mimic real world traffic and parking as realistic as possible.

Addon airports are as good with parking as the Afcad file it uses. It is also impossible to include all flightplans there are.

Your solution is switching to PSXT + RT and use the TG aircraft with it. You can also add other traffic packages so you will have more aircraft types and more airlines.

With PSXT + RT you will see Live Traffic as it happens at that moment like in reality.

Leave this combo running and PSXT will remember what aircraft//airline parked at what gate. The longer you have it run at an airport the more the parked aircraft match reality.No Afcad is being used..

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I counted 16 easyjet aircraft (maybe my eyesight is off) , even at 0300z in mid august thats nearly double the amount that should be there, so in one pic its shows how unoptimsed it is.

That's 100% from the fact that in TG each aircraft does 1 single return flight a day and then sits until the next day to do it again. 7 days a week.

23 minutes ago, GSalden said:

It is also impossible to include all flightplans there are.

For an airline? No, it's not impossible at all. AIG has been doing it for free for over a decade. As close as possible for any given sample period minus airline maintenance and training flights.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

For an airline? No, it's not impossible at all. AIG has been doing it for free for over a decade. As close as possible for any given sample period minus airline maintenance and training flights.

AIG does not have every flight from an aircraft from a specific airline to every destination. It has a lot but not 100%.  

That is impossible as there a diversions, delays, deleted flights, new flights etc and schedule mods during a season.

Only by using real Live traffic is the closest you can get to reality.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, GSalden said:

You are complaining a lot as you expect TG to mimic real world traffic and parking as realistic as possible. Your solution is switching to PSXT + RT and use the TG aircraft with it.

Not really. I can tolerate what it does. I'm merely pointing out that what it does is not what is claimed on the product page, I expected TG to adhere to the claims and promises it made on its product page because this is the basis upon which it was sold. The solution therefore, is for the developer to ensure that this occurs, not for me to start having to create my own solution because theirs is not doing what their customers paid for. Here are just two of the claims made on the product page which are patently not the case:

'Covers all the latest and most common aircraft types which are currently in use, including the 787, A380, A320neo and A350.'

'Unprecedented levels of realism.'

I don't regard this as the worst problem in the world, but the thread asked if TG was working correctly, so having had it since day one, I chipped in to point out that no, it isn't, but that it does put some planes at your airport which are a bit better than the default ones. However, if it was sold with the slogan 'it puts some planes which are a bit better than the default ones at some of your airports in a fairly realistic way, but you'll still be waiting for it to be finished in two years' this would hardly have had it flying out the door, selling like hot cakes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Chock, I was referring to fluffyflops comment. Not yours.

With what you have written I totally agree...

As most aircraft were rebuilt using the v4 SDK, that was for me the reason to purchase it.

And for Spotty 😊 ...

• Like 1

Fair enough. In any case, I am glad that this thread is getting comments. Generally speaking I have a lot of time for Just Flight, but they need to be held to account for failing to deliver on the promise this program makes on its product page. If they wait much longer, it won't even be an add-on for the flight sim platform everyone will be favouring. Which does make me wonder if that is something to do with their lethargic approach to getting it buttoned up and out the door as a finished product.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

11 minutes ago, Chock said:

Fair enough. In any case, I am glad that this thread is getting comments. Generally speaking I have a lot of time for Just Flight, but they need to be held to account for failing to deliver on the promise this program makes on its product page. If they wait much longer, it won't even be an add-on for the flight sim platform everyone will be favouring. Which does make me wonder if that is something to do with their lethargic approach to getting it buttoned up and out the door as a finished product.

as i said a million times, when BBS/PSS started this pay to beta nonsense 10 years ago and eveyone else  jumped on the bandwagon with snazzy taglines, all its done is lead to countless unfinished rubbish addons and a tiny handfull of decent ones. 

I now refuse anything with a "work in progress" tagline idea.  After being burned by traffic global and UT 3 times.   We haven't done ourselves any good by suporting these developers we actually made it worse.

I honestly hope when ms2020 comes out, a good few developers take the hint and step down, give up and retire, and  then let some young fresh blood in the game, its no longer 2002, we moved on from that..   Its desperately needed.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, Chock said:

It is taking way too long. The deadline was end 2018. Then JF took Rich from the project to help with other projects. From that moment on the development is going extremely slow.

Frank at the TG forum has shown lots of issues that JF had not seen after each new beta release.

The aircraft are getting better and performance is great. Luckily with the last beta the nightlighting was included. And they have made it compatible with Fs Reborn Pro so the complete nightlighting looks very good now.

Since a couple of months the program seems to be ready according to Derek. Only some small updates and improved flightplans are the last to do.

But when TG is getting out of beta don’t ask me...

10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

But when TG is getting out of beta don’t ask me...

they wont. Ill wager you one of my 50 euro bets that on Saturday august 29 (the busiest day of the western year) the schedules will not be summer 2020,  they will be either winter 2019-2020 or summer 2019.  but sold as "update date" or "recent" or "new".   they wont be summer 2020

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

Only by using real Live traffic is the closest you can get to reality.

While real traffic is pretty cool for sure, it's expensive and there's alot more traffic missing than you think. Not everywhere has radar or ads-b coverage let alone on the ground to simulate ground operations. It's also very common to see aircraft stop midair or land beside or well off of runways due to flaky/spotty data etc. Diversions and cancellations account for less than 1% so that's a fairly moot point.

Proper bgl traffic should include every flight scheduled for a specific period optimized to use the correct number of aircraft and types in every airlines fleet for that snap shot in time. 

It's certainly not perfect, but considering the zero cost, AIG's Freeware is imo the way to go. Each to his own though.

After having used Live Traffic for a while I tried AIG several weeks ago but those flightplans and Afcad files are not for me.

Two days ago I have been planespotting Lice Trafgic at Brussels. From the 30+ aircraft I have seen taking of or landing only 2 showed a little weird behavior. All others were spot on from/till the gate.

No Afcad based AI program can compete with live traffic. No need for using multiple Afcad files to open/close runways.

With Live Traffic they take off or land where they do in real life at that moment . You can follow them at the same time on FR24.

Like you wrote : everyone can use the way he/she likes ...

On 2/13/2020 at 2:03 PM, Dave_YVR said:

It is cool seeing them. MAIW Matrix will add those ai  models into your sim.

Freeware for the win, again.

Looks cool, but it looks like everything is for FS9, have you had good luck with these in P3D v4?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

38 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

have you had good luck with these in P3D v4?

All of the aircraft added by Matrix is converted for P3dv4 and works great!