Sign in to follow this  
broncoblair

Traffic Global Working Correctly?

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

With Live Traffic they take off or land where they do in real life at that moment . You can follow them at the same time on FR24.

There again is assuming that there is reasonable coverage down to the ground and even on the ground. I tried Live traffic as well and around the PNW of NA for instance with it's terrain you lose a lot of the traffic from 2000-12000'asl outside of the larger cities not to mention traffic that isn't on radar/ads-b or being tracked with FR24 (there's a lot more than you think). AI for many as well is about seeing who you should see while operating on the ground and it's only some of the larger airports that support ground transponder operations. Airborne traffic is nice of course but you really shouldn't be seeing much traffic when airborne as it is, at least within a 3-10 miles or 1000 feet.  Live traffic would be awesome if it worked everywhere both on the ground and in the air, but it doesn't. Until then, I'll stick to the old way.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

There again is assuming that there is reasonable coverage down to the ground and even on the ground. I tried Live traffic as well and around the PNW of NA for instance with it's terrain you lose a lot of the traffic from 2000-12000'asl outside of the larger cities not to mention traffic that isn't on radar/ads-b or being tracked with FR24 (there's a lot more than you think). AI for many as well is about seeing who you should see while operating on the ground and it's only some of the larger airports that support ground transponder operations. Airborne traffic is nice of course but you really shouldn't be seeing much traffic when airborne as it is, at least within a 3-10 miles or 1000 feet.  Live traffic would be awesome if it worked everywhere both on the ground and in the air, but it doesn't. Until then, I'll stick to the old way.

My experience is a lot different then yours. And I was/am using Live Traffic. It works great and adds a lot to the immersion. MSFS has announced to incorporate Live Traffic too.

You better stick with what you have...

But let’s go back on track : TG is getting better, but there are still things to do and it’s taking way too long ..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've always been a JF Traffic fan. Heck until recently I was still using JF Traffic360 in P3D v4 to see lots of AI at airports, but I now use AIG & ORBX AI traffic models as well as the AI flight planner to create my own flight plans in the regions I like to fly. The most beautiful models & AI sounds and all free to use. This yields a reductions in load times & less stutters in the sim.

That's all thanks to the advice and help I've received from the AVSIM community.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, Dave_YVR said:

All of the aircraft added by Matrix is converted for P3dv4 and works great!

Awesome, I will check it out. Thanks Dave.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+