I have a problem with LittleNavMap,when want to add an airfield I get a double image of the airfield,what am I doing wrong?

Bicester-Gliding-School.jpg

Edited by benibaz
ommision

You are doing nothing wrong. The light grey runways in the background are the runways displayed by mapping program Little Navmap uses as a background.  This would be the layout in the real world. The green runways (grass strips in this case) and the dark grey taxiways are the ones generated by your flight sim. If the airport name and ICAO code are in italics as in your picture, this indicates an add-on or modified airport.  It is not uncommon for some flight sim runways to be out of alignment with the real world runway layout as in this case.

John Cottreau 

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Thank you John,so is it possible that the LittleNavmap mapping program can be edited to erase the background airfield?thanks.benibaz

LNM has no control over what details the selected map tiles displays, so the answer is unfortunately, No..

You can try using a different set of maps (Theme) that doesn't include the airport background. 

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thank you airernie for your reponse,I like LNM,so it is a bit dissapointing that it can not be edited,so looks like I will have to use Plan-G instead.benibaz.

2 hours ago, benibaz said:

Thank you John,so is it possible that the LittleNavmap mapping program can be edited to erase the background airfield?thanks.benibaz

There are some options in LNM (LittleNavmap) you can try.  In "Tools-Options-Map Display" in the "Airports" section you can select "Diagram Boundary" and see how that looks.  This blocks out the map background, but will also block any roads and features as well in the background map.  

I downloaded and installed the airport in question in FSX:SE and the runways are aligned right in FSX:SE. From my experience, usually the airports and runways are good in the LNM background and the FSX:SE airports are aligned incorrectly or the airport in not exactly in the correct location.

If Plan G also uses OpenStreetMap, you will have the same issue.  Since LNM came out, I have not tried Plan G.  LNM has more features.  For example it will tell you if the airport has lighted runways.  Handy when you are flying at night and looking for an airport to land at.

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

How do you fix the same airport but applied twice?  Over at EHAM I have openstreet map and can see the runways then I have the scenery download from P3D showing the airfield where it should be relating to openstreetmap BUT THEN I have another copy of EHAM from the scenery cache over that.

So I have 2 EHAM's when I only need one!

40 minutes ago, 9GTurn said:

How do you fix the same airport but applied twice? 

The first step is to remove the copy of the airport that you don't need from the flight sim's scenery library. 

After that rebuild the LNM database by selecting 'Scenery Library->Load Scenery Library'.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem