Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

Starting out question.

Hello. 

I've made the jump over to psx. 

I have a good ai pack with many models and I have run the traffic generator and copied the files over to the correct folders. 

However I loaded up at EGLL and connected up to real traffic and I'm seeing incorrect airlines at the gates   for example Norwegian and TUI.. 

Any ideas?? 

Many thanks in advance 

14ppkc-6.png

If you don’t have the exact airlines/model/type then PSXT will choose one that resambles it ...

Also you should use the EGLL airport file which you can DL from Nico’s site.

PSXT is able to learn from Realworld parking and updates the airport files according to it.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If you don’t have the exact airlines/model/type then PSXT will choose one that resambles it ...

Also you should use the EGLL airport file which you can DL from Nico’s site.

PSXT is able to learn from Realworld parking and updates the airport files according to it.

Thanks for the reply.

Will it give me a report which lists which airline/model/type it doesn't have?? 

Can you not generate  the needed airport files from the afcad of the scenery?? 

14ppkc-6.png

Yes, in the PSXT folder you will find a Log file in which you will find the missing ac ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Can you not generate  the needed airport files from the afcad of the scenery?? 

Yes, that is what my ParkPosGenerator tool (PPG) is doing. However, the AFCAD file seldomly gives which airlines park at what gate with what type.  That you can only get via PSXT.

Note that you should make a difference between live aircraft parked at gates and static parked aircraft:

• The live aircraft hat you miss are listed at the end of the Log.txt file.
  • How real you see static aircraft parked at gates depends on your airport file, if the airport file was created by PSXT it is 100% real, otherwise it is a mere guess. 

thank you both for the help.  im all sorted.  ive seen the issue a couple of aircraft.cfg had the wrong atc code type for the aircraft, for example the FAIB a20n and a21n where down as a320,a321

another question for some reasons its spawning some BA aircraft as the registration not callsign.  How can i assign a registration to an a/c ?

and finally can I block certain airlines and GA light aircraft from showing up?  for example NJE. im not interested in Netjets 

thanks 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

You can add one, or more, registration code(-s) to an aircraft livery in its [fltsim.x] section with the key:

atc_id=registrationcode  (see the AILG Manual section 3.4)

You can suppress all Light aircraft in the PSXT UI.
You cannot suppress a single type of aircraft.
You cannot suppress live liveries of an airline, you can only block one call sign.

Edited by kiek

Hello 

its still throwing out issues of missing liveries for example 

BEL A320 

EIN A320 

but the cfg section has 

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A320
editable=0
performance=
Category=airplane

and 

=

[fltsim.193]
title=FAIB Airbus A320-200 CFM Brussels Airlines 'Aerosmurf'
sim=FAIB_A320
model=CFM
texture=Brussels Airlines Magritte
atc_id=OO-SND
atc_airline=BEELINE
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A320-200
ui_variation=Brussels Airlines 4
ui_createdby=FAIB
description=For AI use only, Brussels Airlines 'Aerosmurf':: Repaint by Juergen Baumbusch.
atc_parking_codes=BEL
atc_parking_types=GATE 

so why its saying the BEL 320 is missing it beyond me..

14ppkc-6.png

Check first if BEL A320 is available in the AI_liveries.xml generated by AILG...and used by PSXT.

If not check if you have entered the right folders in AILG and the errors generated by AILG.

28 minutes ago, kiek said:

Check first if BEL A320 is available in the AI_liveries.xml generated by AILG...and used by PSXT.

If not check if you have entered the right folders in AILG and the errors generated by AILG.

ive had a look and fixed it by deleting the ai_liveries and rerunning the AIL Generator again.

thanks for the help, ive got it sorted now.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

ive been playing around all night with it.  alas its still dumping incorrect airlines at airports on the stands,  and not coming up with any missing liveries as below.

for some reason at EGGD they seem to think WOW air is still in business and Lufthansa are flying q400s into EGGD 

Parkpos file "parked_updates\EGGD.xml" for Bristol International
author: ParkPosGenerator, version: 15.0, date: Feb  5, 2020

supplier: 
    43 parking positions
    not yet updated

22 parking positions will be filled (51%)
COLLISION_LIVE_PARKED_GND=false
COLLISION_LIVE_PARKED_GND=true
INCLUDE_NOTYPES=false
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
HEAVY_MIDDLE_AIRCRAFT=false
HEAVY_MIDDLE_AIRCRAFT=true
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=true
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=false
AUTO_MODE=false
AUTO_MODE=true
05:36:29 Live: 0, Parked: 22
QNH=1027
QNH=1029
QNH=1028
QNH=1020
Exiting: USER CLOSED SIM
05:39:59 User closed PSXseeconTraffic
QNH Reader has stopped
Traffic Reader has stopped

*************************************** live traffic livery matching summary ***************************************
Fri Feb  7 05:40:00 2020 (utc)
3 liveries needed
100% (3) were completely matched, of which 0% (0) upon registration code (r)
********************************************************************************************************************

MAIN_WINDOW_X=1654
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=399
Fri Feb  7 05:40:01 2020

14ppkc-6.png

That's because  you are using an airport file generated by PPG. PPG only knows the correct gate positions. The airlines+types is a random guess based on the part of the world.

This has nothing to to with live aircraft and missing liveries.

If you want real airlines parked as static aircraft at gates  you should either manualy make changes to the airport file or if you see life aircraft at that airport taxiing  and parking at gates, let PSXT run for say 24 hours and you will get a good airport file edited by PSXT automatically....

Edited by kiek