Sign in to follow this  
sem

Double afcad FSDT KLAX

https://imgur.com/a/ILRH7KK

i've already started a thread on the fsdt forums, but i get no further help than what i need to do, not how to do it

Just rename the offending ORBX AFCAD from .bgl to .off and that will essentially turn off the AFCAD that is causing issues.

Assuming you’re using ORBX SoCal from what I read in that topic you posted at FSDT, you should be able to find the AFCAD in that folder.

Hope that helps you. If not you might be able to run a search here on duplicate AFCADs and how to locate them and turn them off or remove them.

Personally I like to turn them off by renaming to .off in case I want to use it in the future I can simply rename it to .bgl to turn it on and make it active.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

21 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Just rename the offending ORBX AFCAD from .bgl to .off and that will essentially turn off the AFCAD that is causing issues.

Assuming you’re using ORBX SoCal from what I read in that topic you posted at FSDT, you should be able to find the AFCAD in that folder.

Hope that helps you. If not you might be able to run a search here on duplicate AFCADs and how to locate them and turn them off or remove them.

Personally I like to turn them off by renaming to .off in case I want to use it in the future I can simply rename it to .bgl to turn it on and make it active.

I do not use socal. i have tried to use the duplicate afcad program, no result

23 minutes ago, sem said:

I do not use socal. i have tried to use the duplicate afcad program, no result

Do you use MyTraffic for AI? If so, it installs a ton of AFCADs. You could look in the MTX scenery folder and find it there.

If not using MT then search other addons that might use elevation and/or AFCAD corrections. I don’t use ORBX Vector but I think it may include some AFCADS, another place to check.

What scenery addons or vector addons are you using?

If not MyTraffic, do you use Traffic Global? It also installs thousands of mediocre airport files.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

20 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

If not MyTraffic, do you use Traffic Global? It also installs thousands of mediocre airport files.

35 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Do you use MyTraffic for AI? If so, it installs a ton of AFCADs. You could look in the MTX scenery folder and find it there.

If not using MT then search other addons that might use elevation and/or AFCAD corrections. I don’t use ORBX Vector but I think it may include some AFCADS, another place to check.

What scenery addons or vector addons are you using?

i do not use any traffic addon, i dont use vector either

Edited by sem

24 minutes ago, sem said:

i do not use any traffic addon, i dont use vector either

Rather than us trying to guess what addons you use, it would be easier if you can tell us what your using, then we can try to diagnose.

Obviously you have something installed that is causing the issue, might even be a freeware updated AFCAD you installed prior to buying the FSDT version.

1 minute ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Rather than us trying to guess what addons you use, it would be easier if you can tell us what your using, then we can try to diagnose.

Obviously you have something installed that is causing the issue, might even be a freeware updated AFCAD you installed prior to buying the FSDT version.

i have installed a freeware version of a klax photoreal, but that seems to be deleted a long time ago, this really just is the default afcad

I had the same thing pop up last weekend at KLAX and I am wondering if one of the many FSDT updates of late got something out of wack.  Have not fixed it yet.

Jeff Callender

It's not anything from FSDT's live update. I run it every few days and LAX has always been fine. 

7 hours ago, sem said:

i have installed a freeware version of a klax photoreal, but that seems to be deleted a long time ago, this really just is the default afcad

If it really is "just is the default afcad", then perhaps it is your scenery order, though a remnant of that installation is a quite likely cause.

You should investigate this as well 

also when using lorby-si's addon organizer fsdt lax shows up as red

from your post at the other forum.

Edited by Reader

On 2/6/2020 at 6:22 AM, Reader said:

If it really is "just is the default afcad", then perhaps it is your scenery order, though a remnant of that installation is a quite likely cause.

You should investigate this as well 

from your post at the other forum.

I used the lobry-si tool to change the scenery from an xml to the cfg, and that seemed to clear any issues

3 hours ago, sem said:

I used the lobry-si tool to change the scenery from an xml to the cfg, and that seemed to clear any issues

Sounds like it was a layering issue on your end.