Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

Issue with some AI aircraft Models

Hello,

I have about 350 airline flightplans in my P3D V4.5 system. I have installed all of those manually as well as the aircraft models and liveries. I stick only to aircraft that have the P3D update.
I have created a 45 minute flight plan between two airports in the US to test the liveries and models are operating correctly. I can have up to 14 aircraft departing and arriving using the same plan.
I have all of them departing at the same time, to test how well can they keep separate on take offs and landing.
I programmed the departure at 12:00:00 from KGWO and the arrival at 12:45:00 at KMEM, the the return leaving KMEM at 13:00:00 arriving KGWO at 13:45  (all times GMT)

The first thing I noticed is that all planes became active at 12:00:00 and start taxing to the active runway, with the exception of 3 of them. Which activated the lights but did not move at all.
They just stay at the KGWO.
I advanced the time to match the arrival back from KMEM to about 15 minutes before the arrival time. The three aircraft that had remained at the field disappeared.

The second issue was upon arrival at KGWO back from KMEM. I can see in the LittleNavMap map display that all planes are flying back from KMEM, including the three that have not originally took off.
One of them was the first to land. it landed exited to runway on a taxiway, and remained on the taxiway for a long time, until it disappeared, If I remember correctly AI aircraft automatically disappeared if static over 8 minutes at places other that their parking spots. The other aircraft started to land, but since there were many of them. Several had aborted landings while on short final, and turned around for a second landing

The second issue I noticed was with the planes that originally had no issues taking off from KGWO, when arriving back at KGWO from KMEM. If those planes had to abort the landing because other aircraft was on the landing, they did not loop back to the airport but kept flying on the departure runway heading until they disappeared.

The aircraft creating this issue are the OSP ATR's all models, and the TFS Q400.  

Does anybody has a clue, what is going on? 

Thanks

Juan

Hi Juan,

A) Check the models have the required [radio] section. This is necessary for P3D V4x.

B) Check the AI models have the necessary parking codes

C) Check your airport gates have the required parking codes and available space for the traffic that lands.

D) It it possible the taxiway link was broken making the AI model get stuck. 

I would also recommend to get AIGM-OCI. It is a free AI traffic tool which will put lots of AI Models in your simulator, it will create very accurate flight plans for you.

Regards,
Simbol

The first thing I noticed is that all planes became active at 12:00:00 and start taxing to the active runway, with the exception of 3 of them. Which activated the lights but did not move at all.

As simbol said, this sounds typical of aircraft not having a [radio] section in their respective cfg files.

Not sure about the rest of those issues though..

Thanks to both Simbol and DChokey08 for your replies.

It is very likely a missing radio section in the config. I will check it when I get home.

The models all have their correct parking type and parking code.

I have modified the Gates and I have added plenty of parking spots at both testing airports.

I have use the ADE error checker and there is no disconnect or missing links on runways, taxiways and apron.

I do not use AIGM-OCI, as I have extensively changed the flightplans, to reflect different percentages of traffic activity depending on which pair of airports I am flying.

I believe you are correct in the issue, because this also happens at other airports with the exact same aircraft models and different liveries. It is happening to all ATR's 42 and 72 all variants. So it must be missing in all OSP configurations. It is also happening with the TFS Dash aircraft.

No other model has this problem

Thanks again

Juan

• Like 1