Sign in to follow this  
SWEcaptain

P3D HF2 Autogen problem

Hey,

I have this issue with autogen causing lag spikes/temporary freezes of sometimes up to a couple of seconds, Sometimes the autogen loading has been so slow that P3D stopped responding.
And this is not in central Manhattan with a billion buildings but in Scandinavia which has never been particularly framerate intensive.

What i've tried:

Tweak Prepar3d.cfg
Uninstall both Orbx Trees and Orbx Buildings
Repair the shaders
Tweak the settings

None of these made any difference, only thing that actually made this issue go away was to completely turn off all autogen. And i don't really feel that i should have to do that with my specs.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Specs:
i7 9700K at 5 GHz
16 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
RTX 2070 Super OC
180 Gb SSD only OS
2 TB SSHD Hybrid Drive
Windows 10 64 Bit
Prepar3d v4.5 HF2

Kind regards

do you have any night lighting enhancement products installed? Those have caused significant stutters/pauses for me.

30 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

do you have any night lighting enhancement products installed? Those have caused significant stutters/pauses for me.

Nope, none at all

12 hours ago, exeodus said:

Which tweaks did you do to the config file?

Don't really remember, FFTF, texture mult and use global something is all I remember, but right now i don't have any tweaks and it performs about the same as with tweaks. 

Try backing up your current config file, delete the original, then start P3D and let it build an new one and see if that helps.

Alan

10 hours ago, exeodus said:

Try backing up your current config file, delete the original, then start P3D and let it build an new one and see if that helps.

If you mean the Prepar3d.cfg file then i've already tested it and it made no difference. 

Another thing to try is reinstalling the ORBX libraries through either the ORBX Central or FTX Central app. Also make sure the library insertion points are correct in your scenery library.

Alan

I have had problem related to delayed autogen fixed by setting unlimited frames in game then limiting them externally in graphics driver.

14 hours ago, exeodus said:

Another thing to try is reinstalling the ORBX libraries through either the ORBX Central or FTX Central app. Also make sure the library insertion points are correct in your scenery library.

Oh yeah, i actually forgot to reinstall the ORBX library when i reinstalled all The FTX global packages, i'll try this one out, thanks

9 hours ago, him225 said:

I have had problem related to delayed autogen fixed by setting unlimited frames in game then limiting them externally in graphics driver.

I have actually tried this, but for some reason it made no difference for me last time, but its worth a try again, thanks

—————

One thing i've noticed while testing is that i can actually use any density even extreme as long as i use the lowest draw distance setting for autogen. But i can't use a normal or high setting for draw distance at any density even at low or i'll get these lag spikes/pauses again. 

Kind regards