Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

1 hour ago, azulkb said:

They chose the middle ground. a happy part of the public can test but with a mission: Help build this project, produce feedback.

One of the many good decisions of this project.

A complex software like a flight sim really proftis from community driven feedback.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I've seen the two vids in question now as it appears they are now being uploaded to youtube by many non testers, I guess people who aren't under the NDA got their hands on them now.

As a non tester who has only seen the official media from Microsoft, these vids are interesting and beautiful and I'm glad I got to see them.   They've made me much more excited for the sim than I even was before, and I was VERY excited before!

However, its clear the creator of the vids doesn't know much about flight sims as his piloting skills seem to be "questionable".  So on that note, as a life long flight sim enthusiast with real hours in actual planes, I must say it's a shame that MS has chosen people like the leaker to be in the alpha while flight sim enthusiasts who would respect the NDA were NOT chosen.  You'd think it would be safer to prevent leaks the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mengy said:

However, its clear the creator of the vids doesn't know much about flight sims as his piloting skills seem to be "questionable".  So on that note, as a life long flight sim enthusiast with real hours in actual planes, I must say it's a shame that MS has chosen people like the leaker to be in the alpha while flight sim enthusiasts who would respect the NDA were NOT chosen.  You'd think it would be safer to prevent leaks the other way around.

Perhaps they want feedback from different types of targets, as the simulator is intended for both experienced amateurs and those who want to discover this genre.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tweekz said:

Judging the quality of some topics on various forums (not here) suggest that lot of people might not really be the brightest. I don't think MS takes that into consideration with the selection process. That's why I am actually surprised the NDA is working out as well as it does.

Good to know, I thought they didn't select me because my Mensa rating was too low ! Actually it may be because it is still too high, as low as it is 😋 😏

The whole idea of this testing, as I see it, is to get a feedback from the customers base more than from the "experts". Not a bad idea. They have the expertise, they want to feel whether they don't miss the target  of "not really the brightest" as you put it (your words, not mine).

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, domkle said:

Good to know, I thought they didn't select me because my Mensa rating was too low ! Actually it may be because it is still too high, as low as it is 😋 😏

The whole idea of this testing, as I see it, is to get a feedback from the customers base more than from the "experts". Not a bad idea. They have the expertise, they want to feel whether they don't miss the target  of "not really the brightest" as you put it (your words, not mine).

I'm sure a lot of folks around have an IQ of a room temperature, in C of course. Unfortunately. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

3 hours ago, nikita said:

54 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I must say it's a shame that MS has chosen people like the leaker to be in the alpha while flight sim enthusiasts who would respect the NDA were NOT chosen.  You'd think it would be safer to prevent leaks the other way around.

Whilst I agree with your wider point and agree that all alpha testers should be respecting and honouring the NDA, this seems a little unfair. 

Just because this particular alpha tester appears to 'lack flying skills' doesn't mean that they are useless to the process or that their opinion is invalid or any less important than those with 'better flying skills'.  This is open to both serious simmers and gamers after all.

For all we know this particular alpha tester could be a programming whizz with a great deal of experience participating in alpha/beta processes, therefore, still being able to meaningfully contribute to the process - possibly far more so than some 'serious simmers'.

In the interests of representation, the alpha process should capture a range of different types of users.  The idea that the alpha process should only be open to the most hardcore serious simmers is nonsense in my opinion.  Just as it shouldn't only be open to those with ultra high-end PC's.  Just my two cents worth.

Cheers,

Calum

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I'm sure a lot of folks around have an IQ of a room temperature, in C of course. Unfortunately. 

To be fair. There are also a lot of children with 32GB. So some behavior might be excused.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

This is what happens when selection criteria is heavily based by dxdiag.

Edited by ranold
edit
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

10 minutes ago, Seabass said:

In the interests of representation, the alpha process should capture a range of different types of users.  The idea that the alpha process should only be open to the most hardcore serious simmers is nonsense in my opinion.  Just as it shouldn't only be open to those with ultra high-end PC's.  Just my two cents worth.

Thoroughly agree with this. After all where is the future audience going to come from if the sim is only designed for "hardcore serious simmers"?

• Like 4

Give people power to really test their personality.

If I was an alpha tester I'd be very careful to cover my watermark before uploading my videos on YouTube and of course I wouldn't use my regular Youtube account and I'd use a VPN too to avoid getting caught. I might hack someone else's Youtube account and upload them there. That way I'd have plausible deniability if I got caught. 😉

Hiding the watermark is almost impossible. It's everywhere on the screen, even in places you can't see it but a decoder can.

Edited by divide

8 minutes ago, Avidean said:

If I was an alpha tester I'd be very careful to cover my watermark before uploading my videos on YouTube and of course I wouldn't use my regular Youtube account and I'd use a VPN too to avoid getting caught. I might hack someone else's Youtube account and upload them there. That way I'd have plausible deniability if I got caught. 😉

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. YouTube won't give out your IP address to Asobo, and good luck with hacking into a Google account... Not like you could just create one with a fake name anyway... 

12 hours ago, noob123 said:

So you're going to download all the videos for your personal pleasure but then go on to report the person for the leaks you enjoyed? How are you going to download a copy of a leak and then claim the moral high ground and wish to report it?

If I find a video of Flight Simulator on YouTube, I'm absolutely going to watch it. 

Anyone pretending otherwise is probably lying. I'm not under an NDA, nor is the original poster. If MS wanted me under one, they were welcome to include me in the alpha. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, maggiforever said:

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. YouTube won't give out your IP address to Asobo, and good luck with hacking into a Google account... Not like you could just create one with a fake name anyway... 

That's it! When I upload my hypothetical videos of Microsoft Flight Simulator in breach of the NDA to YouTube I'm going to block you from the channel.😛

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

That's it! When I upload my hypothetical videos of Microsoft Flight Simulator in breach of the NDA to YouTube I'm going to block you from the channel.😛

Do you have any clue how computers work? If you upload a public video, you can't block anyone from seeing it.