Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

First video

Lightning appeared to be coming from clear sky at times.

Lightning bolts looked too thick and far too slow.

Some issues with cloud lighting during lightning flashes.

Dark clouds still don't have the bruised blue colour tone about then that I think would be more realistic.

Hard to assess the ground due to the mist, viewing and erratic flying (does indeed look like he's flying with a keyboard, coupled with major cluelessness).

Go-cart racing through buildings! Yeee ha!

The autogen looked a bit like the non-streaming version shown in the preview videos.

The terrain squares artifacts could be either an issue with those textures coming from Bing/Azure or just a video driver issue (after all, video drivers will likely not have been optimised yet, plus we have no idea what card this guy was using, nor how well his PC is maintained).

Airport looked incompletely developed.

Second video

Airport looked incompletely developed.

Major terrain lines (see above).

"Pitch up a bit to maintain -1.0 knots" Say what?

Everything I've commented about above seems to be completely typical alpha build stuff. Business as usual for software development at this stage and no cause for alarm. Move along, nothing to see here.

Some positive points

Head inertia effect is quite effective.

Those cockpits!

Rain effects.

Sound is great.

Cabin heating controls work. So no worries about flying in your underwear. That's dedication to realism for you.

View distance is fab and only one example of texture/object popping that I could see.

Some of the views are truly photorealistic.

I just wished the guy didn't have attention deficit disorder and could focus on one view for longer than a few seconds. Probably explains why he couldn't keep to the NDA. Let's hope he's not a brain surgeon in real life.

It looks very promising to me. Can't wait for release.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

The environment looks good to me considering it is Alpha. I liked the transition into the storm.

In all likelihood, the tester probably doesn’t care if he/she gets cut off. 

They might care if they get sued for a breach of the NDA they signed.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

21 minutes ago, ranold said:

So he was what you call "testing?" 

Testing in 2020 folks.

Testing is playing and reporting issues. If he was reporting any issues, then he was testing. It doesn't matter how well he was flying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

I'm having my chef peruse my hat collection to determine which if any can be prepar3D into a palatable meal.:dry: Although, I hope for the sake of the groom of stool, it doesn't come to that!😒

T5V3Vjel.jpgHighly recommended with the hat.  😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ranold said:

So he was what you call "testing?" 

Testing in 2020 folks.

You're missing the point. The argument is about whether or not people who are beginners to flight simming and/or aviation should be in the Alpha or whether it should be confined to people who know how to fly a plane. Given that the goal is to cater to experienced simmers while simultaneously providing an avenue for beginners to hop in as well it makes perfect sense to include beginners. I'm sure tons of beginners who are participating in the Alpha are actually doing a good job in terms of testing. Lacking the knowledge to fly the plane properly doesn't mean you can't test software. I'm inclined to believe this particular specimen was probably not making the utmost effort trying to find bugs given he leaked the footage but, in general, what appears to be a free flight enjoying the simulator may well be a means of testing certain criteria. Unless you're participating yourself you don't know what's being tested.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 minutes ago, eaim said:

It's not easy to sue someone outside of the US and the guy who leaked the video looks to be living outside of the US. Reality is MS will kick the guy out of testing and that'll be it. Now if hey had leaked the game that would be a different story and MS would pursue legal action.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR

8 minutes ago, eaim said:

Given that there is something of substantial financial substance to go after and if the person resides in a place where the NDA laws would be enforced.

Cost vs. benefit analysis. If it is a guy living in his mother’s basement, odds are the person in question would have very little in assets for a large corporation to go after. The person may end up with a slap on the wrist in the bigger picture. If the person is a minor, might even be more difficult. 

As the saying goes, you can’t squeeze blood from a stone. I think the individual knew consciously what they were doing.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

As long as these people are reporting any bugs they find, I don't care how badly they fly.

4 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

It's not easy to sue someone outside of the US and the guy who leaked the video looks to be living outside of the US. Reality is MS will kick the guy out of testing and that'll be it. Now if hey had leaked the game that would be a different story and MS would pursue legal action.

Exactly. Mega corporation takes on an individual who they invited to test in another legal jurisdiction? Unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

Given that there is something of substantial financial substance to go after and if the person resides in a place where the NDA laws would be enforced.

Cost vs. benefit analysis. If it is a guy living in his mother’s basement, odds are the person in question would have very little in assets for a large corporation to go after. The person may end up with a slap on the wrist in the bigger picture. If the person is a minor, might even be more difficult. 

As the saying goes, you can’t squeeze blood from a stone. I think the individual knew consciously what they were doing.

In one of the leaked video's you could see he certainly is no minor, he's looks to be in his 30's, so he may have decent assets to his name.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Just now, eaim said:

In one of the leaked video's you could see he certainly is no minor, he's looks to be in his 30's, so he may have decent assets to his name.

He may, he may not. Lot of the millennials still live at home. Assets, no assets, he knew what he was doing and probably didn’t care. If he is in his 30s, then a prudent person would assume he understood the terms of the NDA. If he has assets they are probably all tied up in his Desktop PC.

As someone else surmised, if he’s outside the US, it might be difficult for someone to go after him.

I didn’t listen to the audio, and I don’t know if they guy who uploaded the video is the actual owner of the watermark.

I think the worst that will happen to him will be his testing privileges will be revoked.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

16 minutes ago, goates said:

Except the Epic vs Sykes lawsuit was for “misappropriation of trade secrets” and pretty sure this leak didn’t show anything that Asobo hadn’t made public already. I’m not suggesting what the leaker did was right or that any Alpha tester should disobey the NDA. I firmly believe Microsoft / Asobo will have prepared and rehearsed for this situation, you wouldn’t run an Alpha (and 10k users in an Alpha forum) without having thought through the risks. It was inevitable. 

Edited by poplar

At least I didn't see any vector roads going through buildings and no "melted plastic" mountain sides... But the videos are pretty useless in terms of getting a feel for the scenery and simulator. The cockpits and aircraft look smashing (but we knew that), but the menu system looks sweet. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

At least, we have something to see and talk about since last two weeks..

🙄Updates ejem🙄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1