Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

21 minutes ago, eaim said:

In one of the leaked video's you could see he certainly is no minor, he's looks to be in his 30's, so he may have decent assets to his name.

Any amount Microsoft could realistically obtain from him is going to be less than a rounding error for them. It makes no sense for them to sue since it would just be a loss of money. The risk of bad PR "huge corporation sues single person because of a simple gameplay video of alpha build" should also be considered, Microsoft has been trying to build an image of pro-consumer in the gaming department (with success i may add) and i doubt they're going to risk that. People love to hate corporations and support the underdog, even if he's technically in the wrong.

What's realistically going to happen is that the guy is going to get booted from the alpha program. No one is going to complain about it and it's still going to send a message that MS will indeed throw you out if you breach NDA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, eaim said:

In one of the leaked video's you could see he certainly is no minor, he's looks to be in his 30's, so he may have decent assets to his name.

I'll take his gaming chair if Microsoft doesn't want it. Lmao

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

It's not easy to sue someone outside of the US and the guy who leaked the video looks to be living outside of the US. Reality is MS will kick the guy out of testing and that'll be it. Now if hey had leaked the game that would be a different story and MS would pursue legal action.

Going by the rest of the videos on his channel the guy lives in Lebanon

He has many short videos on there of him and his family doing things

Edited by Theboot100

3 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

Another "Carlos Ghosn" then. Catch me if you can 😄😄😛

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

Interesting Sentiments here...

What I took from the videos.

Firstly I am so sorry that this individual had access versus so many good people here that maybe because they dont have 32GB ram did not get selected, I wish Asosbo/Microsoft could at least weed out players that have no ability to fly a plane and also have no ability to test in a sensible manner... he was all over the place in terms of camera views flying the plane following a flight path it was beyond embarrassing like giving a new car to someone that had never driven and worse did not deserve to drive... 

In some ways it was good to see the sim in its worst light. The area he flew in was unrecognizable and I agree the first airport he took off from was basic so you immediately feel a little underwhelmed BUT after he took off the scenery was amazing in terms of Autogen and Trees and the Weather... if you imagine this is a Vanilla experience WOW its still incredible and the framerate looked good no popping Autogen of any kind the lighting the clouds the rain flying into the cloud and it starts slowly to come on to the windshield and suddenly pouring across wow lets be honest.

Yes the airports need some attention, maybe I feel the Cockpits are a little too cartoony but again thats happening more now can be easily addressed   but overall still absolutely an incredible leap forward.

I would love Asobo to release a video of a full flight!

Just so annoyed this guy had the amazing amazing gift of being in the Alpha but was so undeserving of it.....

:))

He's also flying in Venezuela I believe, which will likely not be one of the better looking areas. Satellite coverage is simply better in the US and Europe.

Edited by bonchie

1 hour ago, Hamish100 said:

What I took from the videos.

Firstly I am so sorry that this individual had access versus so many good people here that maybe because they dont have 32GB ram did not get selected, I wish Asosbo/Microsoft could at least weed out players that have no ability to fly a plane and also have no ability to test in a sensible manner... he was all over the place in terms of camera views flying the plane following a flight path it was beyond embarrassing like giving a new car to someone that had never driven and worse did not deserve to drive... 

:))

Surely Asobo also need people who will to use the beginners instructions to find bugs, so they need all levels of skills of flying to debug the program.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

As I read through all of the good and bad comments all I was thinking  was everyone here will be purchasing this simulator.  Why? Because we love planes and flight sims.  So why all the speculation?  Just sit back and enjoy the journey through Microsoft's updates weekly.  I for one cant wait to see what they have in store for us down the road.

3 hours ago, Hamish100 said:

Please do not quote exceedingly long quotes. 

They need people from all levels of simming to test this, not just the people who know how to fly well. People who fly well may miss a bug that inexperienced flyers would find.

9 hours ago, Bottle said:

First video

Nice wrap up.

I was not thrilled to see what I saw in the TBM vid from the 15’’ to the 30’’ marks. The clouds lighting fluctuating in  abrupt changes from the  dark to the light to the dark etc. by changing the angle of vision. Some work still to do here. Reminds me of one of P3D unwelcome features.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 hours ago, bonchie said:

He's also flying in Venezuela I believe, which will likely not be one of the better looking areas. Satellite coverage is simply better in the US and Europe.

US for sure, Europe not so much. It has worse coverage than the US 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

4 hours ago, Dirtysouth09 said:

So why all the speculation?  Just sit back and enjoy the journey through Microsoft's updates weekly.  

You want the death of Avsim and all flight simulation forums 😈 ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

He has many short videos on there of him and his family doing things

I just watched the two videos which are now unlocked but didn’t see his family videos. His name and titles of videos look Portuguese to me so I’d say he’s either Brazilian or Portuguese. He’s not very good at flying either. I was wondering if he was going to put the plane in the ground in the storm video and sure enough, he put it in the ground. 😂

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I just watched the two videos which are now unlocked but didn’t see his family videos. His name and titles of videos look Portuguese to me so I’d say he’s either Brazilian or Portuguese. He’s not very good at flying either. I was wondering if he was going to put the plane in the ground in the storm video and sure enough, he put it in the ground. 😂

Not Portuguese.

The videos helped me a LOT... Honestly, the more I look at MFS, the more I feel I'll be able to opt for XP12 ...

It's a strange, very strange for me, feel, but it's the truth.

As much as the guy works he's "fltying skills" in a ridiculous fashion ( on purpose? Does the guy have an agenda ? ) the more it helps to find out aspects of the flight dynamics that with it's move towards "BeT" MFS, just as XP and IL-2, will probably inherit, like that riiculous pitch woobling...

The takeoff under x-wind in the DA62 is also a good showcase of limitations that are after all so so common to XP...

And the weather, after all, as much as it looks nice, makes me think that XP12 + Vulkan will be able to provide much the same if not better - why not ?

And I can add to this pille of thoughts, the much much more X-Plane has always provided to it's user community for free than either the MFS or P3D platforms, where the big iron producers get in and start "pulling from our pockets" at and astounding rate … ( well, same it's true about most so called "study level" add-ons for XP… but at least there are a lot more of good freeware options in that platform … )

Honestly, this two videos helped me reaching negative hype about MFS 😕

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...