Sign in to follow this  
ErrorCode

Will there be an update on MSFS 2020 Today?

48 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

Me too, but with all the drama going on in a couple of the other threads, it offsets it greatly! :laugh:

absolutely!

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Why on earth would they? They are using their own in-house developed engine, the which they've named ACE.

Vulkan is a rendering system like DirectX and OpenGL. It's not a game engine.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

A tutorial for this would be appreciated 😉

Here's what fixed the login problem for me: I went to account.microsoft.com and logged out. Then I went to the insider site and after loggin in it is now working again.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, noisy said:

Here's what fixed the login problem for me: I went to account.microsoft.com and logged out. Then I went to the insider site and after loggin in it is now working again.

Worked for me on the iPhone 

1 hour ago, noisy said:

Thanks, but it didn't work for me...

1 hour ago, noisy said:

Thanks a lot. This worked for me indeed. Only on Edge and still not on Chrome, but it did work.

Anyway, I'd say something is boken on their end.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, aleex said:

Worked for me on the iPhone 

Well. I talked too soon I think. Has worked the first time. But now is still broken for me. 

Edited by aleex

14 hours ago, mSparks said:

It'll release on deadline regardless. That's how it works with big publishers.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  It depends on the game, the budget, the release window, and what else is around it.  And the state of the software itself.

Microsoft delayed Crackdown 3 multiple times, amounting to multiple years by the end.  They've also delayed Ori 2 at least three times I can count at this point.

Flight Simulator isn't going to be the type of release that carries an entire quarter for the Xbox division - the console port won't even be available at launch.  Microsoft will also be sensitive to the idea that there's a certain amount of skepticism and cynicism surrounding their re-entry into the space, and the need to make the best possible first impression.  They talked about this already at the September event.

If MSFS needs some more time, I suspect Asobo would get it.  Though it seems kinds premature to even be discussing it, considering the sim has a ten month window remaining to have launched in "2020". which is still the only window they've given.

If they aren't in a beta state by June-July, and there's no release date by E3, then I think the chances for a delay go up.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Microsoft delayed Crackdown 3 multiple times, amounting to multiple years by the end.  They've also delayed Ori 2 at least three times I can count at this point.

well, I could of course of added the caveat that things can be delayed if it doesn't pass basic QC by the deadline or its missing announced features.

But given they already ripped out a ton of fairly important features in order to meet the deadline I'd say we are passed that phase.

AutoATC Developer

13 hours ago, mSparks said:

well, I could of course of added the caveat that things can be delayed if it doesn't pass basic QC by the deadline or its missing announced features.

But given they already ripped out a ton of fairly important features in order to meet the deadline I'd say we are passed that phase.

Lots of games launch without features or mechanics discussed early in development.  And indeed, Crackdown 3 launched with a massively scaled back version of the physics and destructability shown in the original 2014 tech demo.  But it's far from the only Microsoft game that has been delayed, and even less so when you factor in "big publishers" more generally.

And as far as I can tell, nothing has been "ripped out" of MSFS.  If anything they appear to have revised their plans to try and include more features, in response to popular demand.  I assume this is just you editorializing about the fact that X-Plane has some things that won't be in MSFS at launch, like helicopters and (potentially) VR support.

The need for more QA is hardly a "caveat" - it's one of the major reasons games get delayed in the first place.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Vulkan is a rendering system like DirectX and OpenGL. It's not a game engine.

Thank you for the correction sir. I'm always happy to be politely informed.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Thank you for the correction sir. I'm always happy to be politely informed.

Your statement however is still relevant in a certain way. DirectX is developed by Microsoft, so they most likely won't develope for another API. It also helps them in tying people to Windows.

The big benefit of Vulkan respectively is the cross-platform feature. You can use it on Windows, Mac, Linux...

Performance wise, there are slight differences. But most of it will come down to the actual implementation of the engine itself. Vulkan or DirectX won't make your engine good or bad by default.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved