Sign in to follow this  
Carlosmax50

More buttons option?

Hello im new at this but can i have more then 32 buttons on linda? and another question can i put any luamacros in linda??

Have a nice day

On 2/7/2020 at 4:36 AM, Carlosmax50 said:

Hello im new at this but can i have more then 32 buttons on linda? and another question can i put any luamacros in linda??

It should be possible to add more than 32 buttons per device but I have not tested this. The maximum tested is with the Leo Bodnar USB cards which are limited to 32 inputs.

I have no experience with LUA Macros. LINDA is designed to work with all code written as functions in the module or user.lua. I would recommend copy any LAU macros into the user.lua file for each aircraft.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello everyone!

I can confirm from my own experience that LINDA can see and use more than 32 buttons per  HID device, for example 64 buttons with Leo Bodnar's BBI64. If you combine BBI32 with special Bodnar's BBI12 rotary switches you can even use 128 "buttons" with BBI32! (Switches with 12 positions.)

Note that in Win7 “Game Controller Settings” you can see maximum of 32 buttons on HID device, it doesn’t mean that other buttons are not available, they are just not visible there. (I’m using Pointy’s Joystick Test instead.)

• Upvote 1

Hi there,

So I could use a BBI 64 card and Linda would actually recognize all 63 buttons which I then could assign? I'm planning to build an overhead panel to use with leo bodnars BBI 64 cards and the PMDG 737 NGXu. 

Would be awesome if you could confirm that :)

Many thanks

Kevin

Kevin Baker

Nope, you can use BBI64 and LINDA will recognize all 64 buttons that you can assign. 😉

Note that buttons 33-64 are available only from LINDA: if you want to use some assignments via FSUIPC or via FSX's control settings, you'll be able to use only buttons 1-32 for that and you still have 33-64 for LINDA.

Also, as I said, Win7 will not see buttons 33-64 in it's "game controller settings" - for testing purposes you'll have to use something else.

Edit: Maybe it's good to point out that I'm talking about FSUIPC4, I don't know for FSUIPC 5 or 6, Win10 or P3D... but I believe that it can only be better... 

Edited by Ruler