Sign in to follow this  
LeoPilot

North Korea in game?

They don't have anti-satellite weapons, do they ?

Went and had a little check at random. Bing maps are better than Google Earth for what I saw. Now if the DoD would give access to their maps 😋 ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Don't see why not! Since I recall seeing fairly decent Bing imagery for it last I checked. The buildings are surely going to be procedurally generated overlays though, as they won't have photogrametry data. Maybe some custom, hand made buildings for major landmarks, like that really tall, derelict hotel they have, but that's merely an assumption on my part.

No need to be an alpha tester to answer this one. Download the (free) Earth View 3D app from the Win10 store. This has the same data base as MFS (except the Azure-based autogen which is added to MFS). Goto North Korea and you will see it's there.

Earth View 3D even shows which cities are represented (and will be represented in MFS) via photogrammetry.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yup, here is some video of Kim Jong Un playing an early beta of the sim so he can admire the realism of its scenery as he flies over his own nuclear weapons facility. Of course being the glorious leader, he personally programmed the sim himself, not those imperialist yankee pig dogs at Microsoft! And he can fly any plane ever made perfectly too, without even ever having had a lesson. And he can fly a 172 when it's 400 lbs over its MTOW! And he can talk to animals. Kim can do anything. All hail the glorious leader.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

LOL. 20 bucks says hes not even in the aircraft in the air. They just got shots of him taxing down the runway at 30 knots. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

38 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

LOL. 20 bucks says hes not even in the aircraft in the air. They just got shots of him taxing down the runway at 30 knots. 

How dare you suggest Kim is not piloting it. The glorious supreme leader can do anything, and not just in MSFS 2020 either. In any sim! Why, here he is in DCS World letting rip with some missiles and machine guns from his chopper which he is still piloting even though he is not in the pilot's seat... (Warning, this one's got some swearing in it, so don't watch it if you don't like people dropping F bombs)

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

There are the note takers again, wonder if those around him are actually writing anything.  He always looks like he's explaining everything and they all pretend that he is really interesting.  Bet he'd see just a bunch of scribbles on the paper if he ever cared to check.

\Robert Hamlich/

Yup, of course. It's the same with every dictator: Unless someone close to them summons up the stones to pop a cap in them, they will keep going until they die of old age, surrounded by people too afraid to do anything other than kiss their behind. It reminds me of what went on when the Allies were landing on the beaches of Normandy in 1944; all Adolf's staff and generals were too afraid to wake up him up to let him know about it!

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Ok, I think we’ve had enough on NK. If NK was in our other MS sims then it will likely be in this one. At what level of detail, we’ll have to wait and see.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator