Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Good article on FSX

Bill thank's for clearing that up, it had me worried for a moment.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeforce Ti 4200/128Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Thanks Bill, though no need to shout at me!Wow, all this over a simple one time event...sheesh...got to love hysteria! :-abduct Call it the price of freeware...Jeremy

>Hehe, but anyone who knows this author's history would never>take anything he says seriously. ;)>The last time I remember they did, they wound up deleting>Window's SYSTEM fonts because he casually recommended to>improve flightsim performance you can just get rid of fonts>you don't need. :-lolThe comments he made regarding FS98 style C gauges was absolute bollocks, also.There's not one blessed thing a programmer can "do" in an FS98 style gauge that cannot be done using the newer gauge headers (multi-gauge capable).In fact, given his "panic" about the whole "Trusted Certificate" issue, I'm surprised at his reaction. Really, bundling all a panel's gauges into a single multi-gauge is much more efficient, not to mention tidy! ;)I will grant however that the process of "converting" a bunch of FS98 gauges to the new header format is a lot of work... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Thanks Bill, though no need to shout at me!LOL... I wasn't really shouting at you in particular, but just needed to get that bit of silliness off my chest... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The other thing in that rant that's really ridiculous is this:He faults the sim for low performance in one paragraph and then in the very next also faults it for not supporting legacy FS98 gauges. Where does this end folks? Will FS14 need to support FS9 gauges?? It's very difficult to have any progress when you constantly have to worry about making things that are almost 10 years old run on today's platform as well as cutting edge stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Rayed

This sounds like a "review" from a developer, who is still in FS98 era (hardware and software wise) and is jaded at the fact that there is a thing called "progress" in the world, because it pushes him to update his code/whatever.

>This sounds like a "review" from a developer, who is still in>FS98 era (hardware and software wise) and is jaded at the fact>that there is a thing called "progress" in the world, because>it pushes him to update his code/whatever.And I wonder which code progress you mean in particular? To my knowledge, I have not experienced even one code progress lately which makes a simulator smoother. Well maybe the Level-D B767...;-)What gets to me really, is when a lot of people praise the progress in this hobby. Thats fine, but what if we all got a progress that made things smoother for once. Personally I couldn

Staffan

Well, the fee is to get a license from an existing licensing agent and varies depending on who you get your license from.As has already been said, this license isn't a requirement, just a way to verify that your addon came from you.There's a group over at http://www.fsdeveloper.com that is looking into becoming a licensing agent of some sort (they are investigating several different options), hop on over there and check out their discussions on this topic.Tim

I will say FSX is very smooth relative to my specific performance in FS9 at the same FPS. None of the microstutters I was getting in FS9 irregardless of frame rate. (I had to keep global textures to medium to alleviate that problem). This is all per the DEMO2 of course, things may be different in the Retail, although even the default carribean in FS9 gave me microstutters at High global textures despite 50-60 fps.Ian.

Rayed, You've never heard of Roy Chaffin? He undoubtebly knows more about PC's and Flightsim than you most likley ever will. Craig

> Rayed,>> You've never heard of Roy Chaffin? He undoubtebly knows more>about> PC's and Flightsim than you most likley ever will.>> CraigHi Craig,I agree. Roy has given the community great enjoyment with his excellent freeware panels through the years. And I deeply respect his knowledge and skills.http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..:-hmmm...nah.. Still happy without it!! :-hahMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDMy work:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

> Rayed,>> You've never heard of Roy Chaffin? He undoubtebly knows more>about> PC's and Flightsim than you most likley ever will.>> CraigDon't insult anyone Craig. Come on now.Those of us who have been around a while know full well about Roy Chaffin.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Jock in a Frock

>THIS IS A ONE TIME EVENT PER>GAUGE!Jeebus, my eyes! I've gone deaf!