Sign in to follow this  
jdr37

Byg Reporting

I have reported a bug with the G530 in the Baron 58 but have received no acknowledgement or response. Can anyone tell me what to expect time wise regarding resolutions of such?

Thanks,

Dave

10 hours ago, jdr37 said:

I have reported a bug with the G530 in the Baron 58 but have received no acknowledgement or response. Can anyone tell me what to expect time wise regarding resolutions of such?

Thanks,

Dave

Your post made me chuckle. Welcome to X-Plane!

In general there are no acknowledgments to bug reports. They are verified internally and then graded for a fix (everything from "not a bug" to "hair on fire, fix immediately!").

The first thing you will ever hear about it (unless the devs need to contact you for more information) will be you reading about it fixed in the release notes of a future patch. This may take from "a few days" to "forever".

Cheers, Jan

Interesting.

I did, however, get an email from Jennifer Roberts at x plane.com a short time after my post about not hearing with the following info:

" I could not reproduce this on a clean, default install.

One good place to start your troubleshooting is at the preferences. Move the preferences folder (found in the Output folder) to the desktop, then restart X‑Plane and default preferences will be restored. If the default preferences do not fix your problem, you can simply replace them with the folder you moved to the desktop and restore your personalized settings.

Another common culprit is third party add ons, such as scenery and plugins. Try moving the Custom Scenery folder and add on plugins (found in the Resources folder) to the desktop, then restart X-Plane"

Turned out the preferences folder was the culprit. I deleted, then reset my preferences and problem solved. I will post this in the Tips and Tricks forum.

Ah, interesting - yes, Jennifer is becoming very adept at handling the bug reports, and some sort of feedback to the reporter is certainly to be desired. The "trick" of deleting your preferences and removing all third-party code is the general ointment and only if this doesn´t help it is viable to start some deeper troubleshooting.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2016/11/you-dont-need-to-reinstall-x-plane-to-fix-it/

Cheers, Jan