Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

We are going to keep this update brief, big update coming on 02.13.

hangar.jpg

Screenshot credit – ChicoMick

“The only thing I hope is that people are serious about bug reports and suggestions/feedback”

• Reddit User

There are two important tasks the team is currently working on:

1. ALPHA ACCESS – For those that have not received Alpha build access (press F to pay respects), we are actively working to increase the number of participants. Expect an updated timeline on 02.13.
  2. TARGETED TESTING – For those users that have received Alpha build access, next week we kickoff our Targeted Testing phase. In the Alpha section of our forums we will post weekly challenges for users to test specific areas/features and provide their feedback.

To date, the feedback we’ve received from both Tech Alpha and Alpha users has been incredibly valuable to the team. Every piece of feedback, every suggestion is another opportunity for us to improve the experience. So thank you, and keep it coming!

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 6 IS COMING SOON!

We are putting the finishing touches on our next episode in the Feature Discovery Series! Episode 6 will provide an in-depth look at the airports we are building in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You should expect an update on the official date for release in our next update (02.13).

DR PREVIEW MOVED TO 02.13

The DR preview is still in the process of being finalized and we expect to have it ready for Insiders to preview in our next update on 02.13.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT MOVED TO 02.13

We’ve been working hard to update the FS Snapshot to incorporate the early feedback from Alpha. Unfortunately, we had to bump this update back to 02.13 in order to ensure the most recent information was included.

MORE GREAT SCREENSHOTS FROM ALPHA PARTICIPANTS!

Heaven.png

Screenshot credit – Shwarz2381

City-View-1.jpg

Screenshot credit – Dawu777

Sun-scaled.jpg

Screenshot credit – SteffoHD

Safari.png

Screenshot credit – simtom 112

Nightlights.jpg

Screenshot credit – SM4RTN117

Through-the-clouds.jpg

Screenshot credit – PundaPC

Water.png

Screenshot credit – EntwindedCloth37

Next update – 02.13!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 1

Well looky, night lights in buildings, I was never worried. Just give it time, we'll get what we've been asking for.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Good stuff! Well handled too, they had a delay, told us and were prompt to get it out anyway! Also, this update hit me where it hurt, that alpha comment was savage. But the way they finished that sentence is good news, a 2nd alpha coming to a 32GB PC near you.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Oh wait, the first picture is a screenshot? I thought it was a photo teasing the next partnership announcement or something. Anyway, I'm happy we got both an update after all, as well as a really nice pack of tester screenshots. Next update is shaping up to be a huge one too.

If anyone can access the Insider Home, it would be much appreciated if you could post in here whatever was appended in there. Thank you!

• Upvote 7

The night lighting on the photogrammetry buildings is nice! And also I think they updated the Sidney scenery, now it has the opera house and (maybe) the bridge.|

Also, I didn't get this part:

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 6 IS COMING SOON!

We are putting the finishing touches on our next episode in the Feature Discovery Series! Episode 6 will provide an in-depth look at the airports we are building in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You should expect an update on the official date for release in our next update (02.13).

Will they talk about the official release of the sim or the release of the new episode?

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 5

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

If anyone can access the Insider Home, it would be much appreciated if you could post in here whatever was appended in there. Thank you!

I just checked, still showing the January 23rd update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Will they talk about the official release of the sim or the release of the new episode?

Look at the context of the rest of the paragraph. That should answer your question.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Look at the context of the rest of the paragraph. That should answer your question.

Yeah, sure. Just to check. LOL

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Would be nice if the lights in those office buildings/homes are somewhat randomised, and every now and then some lights turn on or off, and if later in the night there are less lights on.

• Upvote 3

Matthew S

Is there anything in the Insider area today?  I can't open it, still getting that invalid error on the website.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

There was no definitive date set for the next episode, so I'm assuming it's that. It might be delayed to accommodate the other stuff that was delayed.

1 minute ago, Mengy said:

Is there anything in the Insider area today?  I can't open it, still getting that invalid error on the website.

According to a post by Jonathan Berthier above, nothing new was posted.

Weird, I had no idea there was an issue with the Insider site. It's been working ok for me on Chrome and whatever Samsung's default browser is on mobile. Can confirm nothing new there since the last update.

ETA: I legit thought that first image was a real picture. Like someone else said, for the partnership series. Wow.

Edited by Noodle
  • Like 2