Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Check again, there is definitely some on and off.

I'm talking about the lights changing dynamically...  every night the lights are somewhat different, and also depending on the time of night....   3am, you would not expect as many lights as at 6pm.

Also, sometimes street lights flicker (faulty "bulb")... would be cool if every now and then there's a flickering light (maybe say 1% of street lights).

Matthew S

The %age of street lights flickering/not working will depend on what country. From my experience in Nigeria it would be 50%.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, precog said:

The water is so clear in that Sydney shot you see the harbour tunnel 😉

Haha I’m sure they’ll fix that if we give feedback, also, they better make sure that the car traffic is congested min 15 hours out of 24 hours a day around Sydney or else Sydney won’t be complete. 🤪

• Like 1

I think ill spend the first few days after this is released trying to pick up my yaw looking around . I really hope we can walk around .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

• EPISODE 6 IS COMING SOON!

We are putting the finishing touches on our next episode in the Feature Discovery Series! Episode 6 will provide an in-depth look at the airports we are building in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You should expect an update on the official date for release in our next update (02.13).

Does this mean we might get the Airport Discovery on 2/13, or on 2/13 we will get the date when we will see the Airport Discovery? And NOT being in Alpha testing ever, I think we will be able to walk around. That shot in the hangar looks like a walk around camera shot or maybe we will have ton's of new camera angles which can basically be used like we are walking around. I still think we will be able to walk around though. I think they will bring that idea over from FSW, and wasn't there a add on at one time for a sim to walk around? If so maybe we can walk around the hangar, ( and other areas ) and find the pilot leather jacket, hat, gloves, etc... to pick up. Once again if those 2 dudes in the original trailer in the hangar are talking to each other, it will be cool. It's gonna be a long year up ahead!

We need a time compression/advancement key for 2020 🙂 Everyone  hit the T ( for time compression/advancement ) key on their keyboard at the same exact time, and make it happen! I'll check back later and see if it worked 🙂 And I'll check Steam to see if it is On Sale 🙂 Another joke people! When you have 16 GB RAM you have to laugh a lot 🙂

• Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 hours ago, tweekz said:

I said that I wish you could walk around your own aircraft in a hangar, do the pre flight check, maintenance work... (like with some high quality addons). Maybe some of those features are implemented.

I'd love if the pre-flight were done in avatar mode where you walk around and have click spots on the aircraft for things to check.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

23 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I'd love if the pre-flight were done in avatar mode where you walk around and have click spots on the aircraft for things to check.

That's the beauty and the advantage of big aircraft. You don't touch anything during the walkaround 🙂

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Also, sometimes street lights flicker (faulty "bulb")... would be cool if every now and then there's a flickering light (maybe say 1% of street lights).

I just turn down my antialiasing for that.

• Like 4

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Well while the update was brief, there certainly are some gems to be taken from it. First thing that came to mind is the same as everyone else on here for the 1st hangar shot of the TBM. Nice intro a real world photo. Wait what!??

Night lighting implemented on the buildings looks great, although seems a bit blurry. Either its my eyes, or its raining. The details keep getting better. I think missions will be quite fun when its like that.   Thanks for keeping us in the loop about the DR update, discovery series and further alpha testers prospects.   Exciting stuff. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

10 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Oh wait, the first picture is a screenshot? I thought it was a photo teasing the next partnership announcement or something.

It's incredible, there are even rain puddles on the floor, they must have left the hangar doors open for too long or the rain was as heavy as it is here today.

Siggy Schwarz

This sim just gets better and more impressive with every screenshot! 

Wow!

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 hours ago, Krakin said:

Cheers, man. Worked like a charm

It worked for me, too. Unfortunately only once. Probably I'll have to log off from the MS account again.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

A bit sad that we didn't get to see or hear any info regarding the partnership series update, which they delayed last update.

Otherwise, the shots look amazing.