Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

1 hour ago, siggy said:

It's incredible, there are even rain puddles on the floor, they must have left the hangar doors open for too long or the rain was as heavy as it is here today.

Or someone was cleaning the aircraft.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I think that intro screenshot was taken from the aircraft selection menu/screen/interface. But I guess we will find out more in the next episode.

I am surprised at the amount of relief about the lights on the buildings people are showing, like there was any doubt. I personally find it harder to believe they went through all the trouble bringing out one revolution after another, just to stumble on some (in comparison) rather trivial additions like building lights at night.

• Like 1

I'm still a little skeptical at the building lights - it's fairly trivial to add to autogen houses/cities, but to photogrammetry houses/cities it's a lot more complex. The screenshot looks like an autogen city to me. I hope the AI is able to find windows pattern in photogrammetry as well.

Edited by divide

37 minutes ago, flxwng said:

A bit sad that we didn't get to see or hear any info regarding the partnership series update, which they delayed last update.

Otherwise, the shots look amazing.

You are right. No news about that. 

29 minutes ago, divide said:

I'm still a little skeptical at the building lights - it's fairly trivial to add to autogen houses/cities, but to photogrammetry houses/cities it's a lot more complex. The screenshot looks like an autogen city to me. I hope the AI is able to find windows pattern in photogrammetry as well.

The last time I've checked San Francisco is a photogrammetry city

• Upvote 1

Indeed, I stand corrected ! I'm truly amazed.

Here's a comparison with Bing:

XThpjME.jpg

Nightlights.jpg

Edited by divide
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OSJJ1985 said:

I think that intro screenshot was taken from the aircraft selection menu/screen/interface. But I guess we will find out more in the next episode.

I also think that is the Menu selection for selecting aircraft. Guess there will be a way to scroll through liveries if it is. Asobo/MS please give is a VERY long video in the Airports Discovery Episode? Like 20-30 minutes, pretty please. And as much detail as you like will be fine with us 🙂 Man I hope it's gonna be as good, or better, than what I am expecting. And I am hoping it will further wow us? I hope it's on 2/13/2020, but doesn't sound like it's ready yet! Each discovery episode has been a different Asobo Team member right? Who will it be this time?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

4 hours ago, FDEdev said:

That's the beauty and the advantage of big aircraft. You don't touch anything during the walkaround 🙂

They don't trust modern airline pilots to touch anything. 😄  Once upon a time the walk-around meant something.  Besides, you can already do this in P3D but it's not very rewarding. 🙂 

While I wouldn't want to have to do it every time, I want to be able to go out to my Cessna/whatever, walk around inspecting things, click on the tie downs and chocks individually to remove them, click on the appropriate place on the cowling to check the oil, etc.  After the flight I want to be able to do the same thing in reverse to secure the plane.

They could have a guided walk-around like they've shown with the pre-flight in the cockpit, with the option to not have the guided assistance.  Or turn it off entirely.

Some A2A aircraft have the pre-flight as a series of fixed viewpoints you jump through with icons on a dialog to click to do the checks.  I've been using it to install the tie downs and chocks after a flight instead of using a dialog box in the cockpit.  I use avatar mode in the GAS Super Stearman to do the walk around and the normal dialog box to change the items.  There's a click spot on the outside that I could link to my own dialog to check/fill/change the oil which I'll eventually do.

I'd love to have all this built-in with the stock planes in MSFS.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

36 minutes ago, LHookins said:

They don't trust modern airline pilots to touch anything. 😄  Once upon a time the walk-around meant something.  

The walkaround on a 707 wasn't noticeable different from a 787 😉

Edited by FDEdev

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

The walkaround on a 707 wasn't noticeable different from a 787 😉

What year did you say you were born? 😄

Aircraft existed before the 707. 🙂

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

6 minutes ago, LHookins said:

ircraft existed before the 707. 🙂

:ohmy:  :laugh:

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

They don't trust modern airline pilots to touch anything. 😄  Once upon a time the walk-around meant something.  Besides, you can already do this in P3D but it's not very rewarding. 🙂 

While I wouldn't want to have to do it every time, I want to be able to go out to my Cessna/whatever, walk around inspecting things, click on the tie downs and chocks individually to remove them, click on the appropriate place on the cowling to check the oil, etc.  After the flight I want to be able to do the same thing in reverse to secure the plane.

They could have a guided walk-around like they've shown with the pre-flight in the cockpit, with the option to not have the guided assistance.  Or turn it off entirely.

Some A2A aircraft have the pre-flight as a series of fixed viewpoints you jump through with icons on a dialog to click to do the checks.  I've been using it to install the tie downs and chocks after a flight instead of using a dialog box in the cockpit.  I use avatar mode in the GAS Super Stearman to do the walk around and the normal dialog box to change the items.  There's a click spot on the outside that I could link to my own dialog to check/fill/change the oil which I'll eventually do.

I'd love to have all this built-in with the stock planes in MSFS.

Hook

I respect what you want, but i have to say that maintenance for me is extremely boring and i woudn't want that.. especially not in default airplanes.

If anything, a free camera like the one in XP i would be most welcome with (so i can check stuff around, both the plane and the scenery).

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

10 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

I respect what you want, but i have to say that maintenance for me is extremely boring and i woudn't want that.. especially not in default airplanes.

If anything, a free camera like the one in XP i would be most welcome with (so i can check stuff around, both the plane and the scenery).

That's why I said make it optional.  "Or turn it off entirely."

Why would you want a free camera when you could have an avatar, and walk around in the world?

31 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Aircraft existed before the 707.

For those who don't remember or don't read books, here are a few landmark aircraft:

The Ford Trimotor.  A notably wretched experience for all concerned.  The Fokker Trimotor was a similar aircraft and similarly wretched; ask Knute Rockne.

The DC-3.  The first airliner that was inexpensive enough to operate that passenger service was possible without the necessity of airmail subsidies.  The DC-3 was so good that there are still some in commercial service today.

The Constellation.  A major improvement and one of the last of the prop driven airliners.  This one took us up to the advent of the 707.

I'm sure other people have their favorites.

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Well what can I say. If that first shot in the hangar is a screenshot then it's precisely what I was asking for, accessible hangars. Can you actually taxi in and out of them though? Not so good if its just in or out but no taxi in or out. 

15 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Well what can I say. If that first shot in the hangar is a screenshot then it's precisely what I was asking for, accessible hangars. Can you actually taxi in and out of them though? Not so good if its just in or out but no taxi in or out. 

I’m assuming it is the aircraft selection screen.  Notice the empty space behind and besides the aircraft.  This tells me this hangar could fit everything up to the 747-8 we’ve seen.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1