Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

29 minutes ago, Poppapete said:

What about the overhead lights in the hanger continuing as reflections in the wall/door.  Think I will need a GPU with ray tracing capabilities!

They've already said there is no raytracing, 

What @mSparks noticed is true guys, just because you disagree with him based on previous experiences try to be objective.
Of course it's alpha, initially if you remember there were no window textures at all on the buildings so it is clearly a work in progress and they'll have to find balance on it too 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

We are objective. We object to his opinion, because we aren't bias to one SIM. We'll base our opinion on everything we've had/seen previously, and state thumbs up or down. We also won't inject degrading comments because of our bias.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Well while the update was brief, there certainly are some gems to be taken from it. First thing that came to mind is the same as everyone else on here for the 1st hangar shot of the TBM. Nice intro a real world photo. Wait what!??

So the part where they mentioned the release date being announced 2/13 didn't perk your interest LOL. It's definitely not the discovery episode which is scheduled to come out mid February anyway.

1 hour ago, divide said:

The real SF by night is even worse, it's like mSparks niece got loose with packs of fluorescent ink. Common Asobo, finish the job, hire mSparks niece !

sf_at_night_1000x675.jpg

One thing you notice in these pictures and I think Microsoft are missing a trick here is that every tall building has aircraft warning lights (red lights on the roof). That would at least add a bit more colour to the night scene.

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

They've already said there is no raytracing, 

It's a DirectX 11 title at the moment, so of course no ray tracing capability. However it's almost inevitable with Aerofly FS, P3D and X-Plane all having DirectX 12 or Vulcan capabilities that Asobo will move to DirectX 12 at some point which will unlock some more rendering options. Not sure if that will happen before or after release though.

7 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

It's a DirectX 11 title at the moment, so of course no ray tracing capability. However it's almost inevitable with Aerofly FS, P3D and X-Plane all having DirectX 12 or Vulcan capabilities that Asobo will move to DirectX 12 at some point which will unlock some more rendering options. Not sure if that will happen before or after release though.

No need to tell me. I can read too. And been around WAY too long

20 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

P3D doesn't have DirectX 12 capabilities.... yet. Unless V5 will in the future?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

33 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

So the part where they mentioned the release date being announced 2/13 didn't perk your interest LOL. It's definitely not the discovery episode which is scheduled to come out mid February anyway.

We are putting the finishing touches on our next episode in the Feature Discovery Series! Episode 6 will provide an in-depth look at the airports we are building in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. You should expect an update on the official date for release in our next update (02.13).

It's the release date for episode 6 of the Feature Discovery Series.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, bonchie said:

There are going to have to be compromises. They can't coneivably size correct every window on every photogrammetry building. It looks fine in game.

NO NO NO NO NO!

This is about "comically" oversized scenery again!  

Putting oversized windows on buildings tricks your mind into thinking the buildings are smaller than they really are, and thus creates a false sense of altitude (you think you're flying lower than you are).

Asobo, you already shown with the Central Park tree debacle that you have trouble understanding scale, now once again we see you still struggle with the concept of scale.

How hard can it be to get this right? 

The lights are on, but there seems to be nobody home!

Matthew S

Guys, if you zoom into the image, you’ll see that the building that appears to have comically oversized windows, each “apparent window” is actually 3 separate windows.  They’re not oversized.  Rather they just need to randomize which windows are lit a bit more.  No doubt this will be updated - it is an easy fix.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Yes, all good if it's optional.

As for the second thing, why? Because an avatar is slow and can only move horizontally. A free camera moves in all directions. And it's not used to "pretend" to be an avatar. Have you ever used it in XP? I find it extremely useful for checking the scenery out, the clouds, take custom shots at parked planes and so on.

I doubt they would omit a free camera.  I was talking about having an avatar mode in addition.  

I do not use XPlane.  I have used the avatar in P3Dv4 fairly often as I wanted a first person viewpoint, not a floating camera, and I've done the same as you with it.  For a pre-flight walk around inspection an avatar would be about a million times better than a free camera.

I've had to use a free camera to "pretend" to be an avatar when I wanted a first person view in other situations and it's definitely a pain.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, dtrjones said:

Asobo have already said they're planning to port the engine to DirectX 12 and add ray-tracing sometime after the game's release.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martin-w said:

Oh right, you could be right. That was what I was afraid of. Not exactly what I wanted then. 

I think the hangar is the aircraft selection menu, but I also think there will be a few hangars you can actually taxi in and out of. I mean why did the doors of the hangar OPEN in the original trailer with the DA-62 and the two guys in there, if your just gonna be stuck 🙂 At least I hope that one will be able to taxi in and out of. Have no clue where it is. Hopefully we find out in the Airport Discovery Series 🙂 I wanna see the doors open and the Queen of the Skies taxi out. Just because it is so big, and it would be cool!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I don’t know if it just me. But on the nigh shot seems like lights illuminate the sky (light pollution), which in my opinion is awesome. Not only lights reflect in clouds, but also has some kind of “bloom”.