Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

12 hours ago, in2tech said:

I think the hangar is the aircraft selection menu, but I also think there will be a few hangars you can actually taxi in and out of. I mean why did the doors of the hangar OPEN in the original trailer with the DA-62 and the two guys in there, if your just gonna be stuck 🙂 At least I hope that one will be able to taxi in and out of. Have no clue where it is. Hopefully we find out in the Airport Discovery Series 🙂 I wanna see the doors open and the Queen of the Skies taxi out. Just because it is so big, and it would be cool!

Hope you're right. It should be something third party devs can expand on too hopefully. 😊

1 hour ago, aleex said:

About night lights, the only building that looks weird to me is the “Transamerica Pyramid”.

Maybe that’s the main “problem” with photogrammetry, that at night it still need some hand made touch. But I’m sure they will improve night environment with time.

We're in the beginning of this sim. It will be improved. By devs and I am sure there will also be community efforts.

To come and criticize beyond reason (flight model bad, scenery bad, clouds bad) makes no sense. If someone feels like it's just not working out for him, he should stay with whatever makes him happy and let the rest have fun.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 hours ago, MatthewS said:

The lights are on, but there seems to be nobody home!

You're looking at this simulator, which is light years beyond anything we've seen before or could even imagine was coming down the road, and your only thought is "the lights are on but nobody's home" with regards to Asobo?

They are one of the world's premier developers, the lights are certainly on very bright over there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtrjones said:

So the part where they mentioned the release date being announced 2/13 didn't perk your interest LOL. It's definitely not the discovery episode which is scheduled to come out mid February anyway.

They were talking about the Discovery episode release date. That was the heading and topic of the paragraph.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tbh, my biggest concern is, if it will actually get released 2020. 😉

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

You're looking at this simulator, which is light years beyond anything we've seen before or could even imagine was coming down the road, and your only thought is "the lights are on but nobody's home" with regards to Asobo?

They are one of the world's premier developers, the lights are certainly on very bright over there.

Don't worry, someone pointed out the lights are from the unnatural grouping of about 6 adjacent lit windows, giving the effect that the windows are bigger than they actually are.  So if Asobo fixes that it'll look great.

Matthew S

Has anyone else noticed the leaning buildings in the Zurich shot?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

3 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Has anyone else noticed the leaning buildings in the Zurich shot?

That‘s Madrid. They look like that. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_of_Europe

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, tweekz said:

So you try to prove MSFS' unrealistic look with something that is by far worse ...

Reality:

San-Francisco-Skyline-night-photography-

This is what you think looks fine:

n7w44uD.jpg

The top picture may be an actual photograph, bit it does not accurately reflect what the eye sees in real time. The shot is over exposed which makes the lights appear much brighter that what you actually see. The second screen shot...if captured by a camera would be under exposed a fair bit. The fact that there is no light reflected off the water doesn't help, but there is very little contrast overall. Neither picture does a good job capturing what the eye actually sees. It would be more accurate to see something that lies somewhere in between the second pick and the MSFS shot that I didn't include. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chris

39 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

The top picture may be an actual photograph, bit it does not accurately reflect what the eye sees in real time. The shot is over exposed which makes the lights appear much brighter that what you actually see. The second screen shot...if captured by a camera would be under exposed a fair bit. The fact that there is no light reflected off the water doesn't help, but there is very little contrast overall. Neither picture does a good job capturing what the eye actually sees. It would be more accurate to see something that lies somewhere in between the second pick and the MSFS shot that I didn't include. 

The real pic definitely is overexposed. I still think the MSFS best reflects what I'd expect to see in real life (compared to that other shot). As I said before it's the overall impression and judging by the screenshots MSFS (which btw still ain't finished) wins the overall impression. Not to mention the apparent inclusion of light smog.

Edited by OSJJ1985

53 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

The top picture may be an actual photograph, bit it does not accurately reflect what the eye sees in real time. The shot is over exposed which makes the lights appear much brighter that what you actually see.

I took care to take a darker pic. You can see that the sky in the background is actually quite dark. Most pics that you find are much brighter overall.

Besides, the MSFS screenie is indeed a fair bit darker.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

The real pic definitely is overexposed. I still think the MSFS best reflects what I'd expect to see in real life (compared to that other shot). As I said before it's the overall impression and judging by the screenshots MSFS (which btw still ain't finished) wins the overall impression

From my personal experience from visits to big cities that also fits much better. But even in our little 100 000 pop town I can see the sky lit up at night. Sparks screenshot looks like they use candles for lamp posts. 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 minute ago, OSJJ1985 said:

wins the overall impression

The second pic was a very quick screenshot taken using default scenery and no reshade in response to someone claiming accurate window sizes were to much to expect from any sim.

reshade would color/expose it anywhere between them to your preference. but not something I have access to. its also much clearer in the sim, much more like the reshade video I posted afterwards. 

I should probably have turned reflections on. had to sign up to imigur to post it and no idea why it looks pure black on my phone.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

The second pic was a very quick screenshot taken using default scenery and no reshade in response to someone claiming accurate window sizes were to much to expect from any sim.

reshade would color/expose it anywhere between them to your preference. but not something I have access to. its also much clearer in the sim, much more like the reshade video I posted afterwards. 

I should probably have turned reflections on. had to sign up to imigur to post it and no idea why it looks pure black on my phone.

Do you follow the alpha news of this simulator to the millimeter? You are aware that it is not planned to release helicopters and that it is not planned on Linux? Why not wait release, and write all thinks you not like it? I think it will be a long write...

If xplane is so good, and as you said many times for many reasons this simulator does not meet any of your standards, why not leave this forum in peace with all its poor souls who obviously make a bad choice?

• Like 2