Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Still having issues with TOD

Hi Dave

I am still having issues with P2A and TOD. Even though I am inputting values into P2A for G/S, V/S and altitude so as to ensure that the TOD is further from the destination than the TOD that the PMDG737 is giving me, P2A seems to not want to give me descent clearance. When it looks as though I am going to go past my FMC TOD I am requesting a lower altitude from P2A, which is given but I have to keep requesting further descent to get down to just before the start of the STAR at which point P2A will give me clearance to fly the STAR. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Can you help?

As an aside, in real life pilots contact ATC just before TOD with the call <callsign> request descent. In P2A it seems you always have to say <callsign> request descent to <altitude> OR am is missing something?

Regards Colin Ackerman

Hi Colin

You should try saying "request enroute descent", rather than request a lower altitude when you want to start down at or before the TOD.

As for the speed and V/S I use 450 knots and 1800 fpm for the PMDG 737 and FSLabs A320 and I always get told to descend about 10 to 20 miles before the FMC/S predicts.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

33 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Hi Colin

You should try saying "request enroute descent", rather than request a lower altitude when you want to start down at or before the TOD.

As for the speed and V/S I use 450 knots and 1800 fpm for the PMDG 737 and FSLabs A320 and I always get told to descend about 10 to 20 miles before the FMC/S predicts.

Thanks Andy, I will give your suggestions a go. 🙂