Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mac

Changing the callsign for A2A’s Bonanza

I would like to use Bonanza instead of “N” which is what VoxATC is currently using.  I have the Comanche, Cherokee, and Skyhawk all working this way. I have tried to edit the Bonanza’s config file to resemble the other 3: listed Bonanza as the ATC type, removed extraneous quotation marks, etc.  Has anyone been able to get this to work, what am I missing?

I assume that you have the callsign type set to USGA. The other possibility is that because of the install location, the VOXATC Indexer may be missing something.

If all that checks out, there's probably something awry still in the aircraft.cfg file. In any case, wouldn't the correct atc_type=Beech? Does that work in VOXATC?

You might also try to edit AircraftTypeNames.xml, but I'm not even sure if that file still does anything. In any case, as usual, rerun the Indexer after every edit.

Thanks Jay,

This one is a head scratcher for me. Yes, I’m using USAG, all of the config files for my A2A aircraft are in the P3d4 Add-ons folder. 3 of the 4 I have are working correctly.  By the way, the manufacturer is Beechcraft, the type is Bonanza.  Last month I had the opportunity to fly with a V Tail owner, and ATC addressed him by Bonanza plus his tail number. I have tried using Beechcraft instead, but VoxATC prefers November, no matter what I do. 

I looked at the XML file, but none of my A2A planes are listed there. 

The other day, after several VoxATC fatal errors (maybe due to my monkeying around with this file) I used the default ATC, and it addressed me as Bonanza 41 Gulf. 

As always,  I do appreciate your input. I think for this one, I’m just going to accept that the V35B is known as November. 

2 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

By the way, the manufacturer is Beechcraft, the type is Bonanza.

the A2A aircraft are all like this:

[General]
atc_type=Piper
atc_model=Cherokee

The Carenado Bonanza is:

[General]
atc_type=Beechcraft
atc_model=A36

Unfortunately, I don't own the A2A Bonanza, so I can't test it for you. ATC in RL will call back whatever the pilot wants, as long as it's not counterintuitive.

I don't know if this helps, but here's a post from 2008 which has some info from Tegwyn West regarding callsigns:

This seems to be what you did, so I'd take another look at aircraft.cfg for an extraneous typo. I'm also wondering if you should uninstall all your panels and reinstall. The VOXATC aircraft panel database may be controlling the result.

Edited by jabloomf1230