Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Microsoft Cloud Gaming

• Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This is really interesting. 

I've always been Playstation > Xbox, but with Microsoft announcing that MSFS will be released on Xbox as well as PC, I'm starting to question whether I would be better off buying the new Xbox rather than upgrading my current PC.

Hopefully nearer the time there will be some good discussions on this.  Cheers,

Calum

Well? As of now I'm standing pat. Since I have an xbox360 that collects dust, and my computer has been handling xplane 11 very well at medium high settings, I won't know until I actually get MSFS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seabass said:

This is really interesting. 

I've always been Playstation > Xbox, but with Microsoft announcing that MSFS will be released on Xbox as well as PC, I'm starting to question whether I would be better off buying the new Xbox rather than upgrading my current PC.

Hopefully nearer the time there will be some good discussions on this.  Cheers,

Calum

My prediction is that if all you want is to fly default aircraft and scenery and never upgrade then that will be alright. If your thing is PMDG and complexity the XBOX won't be an option. Not just because you won't find a PMDG aircraft on the XBOX market place but because and XBOX won't be up to the job. Especially in 3-4 years as devolopment on flight sim matures and the xbox hardware is still stuck.

I suspect the xbox will be fine for using flight sim like a game but if you want to actually SIM you'll have to stick with PC.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

... Especially in 3-4 years as devolopment on flight sim matures and the xbox hardware is still stuck.

I suspect the xbox will be fine for using flight sim like a game but if you want to actually SIM you'll have to stick with PC.

Exactly, 3-4 years,  so not exactly lighting a fire under my A$$ to go buy hardware today. Lol

I really found this interresting:

“So basically less than 1 percent of people in the world who own a PlayStation gave enough of a word not allowed to get the subscription,” van Dreunen said.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

10 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Exactly, 3-4 years,  so not exactly lighting a fire under my A$$ to go buy hardware today. Lol

Perhaps not, but there is no doubt the XBOX release will be quite some time after the PC release and I am pretty confident the experience will be very different to the PC version. It will not be as rich or as capable. Crikey, you'll even be severly limited in USB ports and possibly, even limited with the hardware you can plug into them and expect to work. It will be a pretty well locked down experience because it's the nature of XBOX and its marketplace. Unless Microsoft dramatically deregulates the console and turns it into a PC and why on earth would they do that? It would make no sense at all because we already have that and they are called PC's.

I believe people are putting far too much weight into this XBOX and the bottom will fall out when they realise that they can't install what they want to on it in regards to flight sim. As I said, if default is your thing, have at it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying it that way but if you want the full simulator experience that many of us have become used to then a good PC will be required. XBOX is not going to morph into a SIM machine any time soon, no matter what hardware they put into it. Hardware which will already be redundant in the PC world by the time the new console is released and there is simply no way around that because it can't work any other way. The very essence of the console is compromise. That IS what it is, why it exists and it's why people buy them.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Don't a lot of PC gamers also have consoles? And they switch back and forth? I haven't had or want a console in 20 years, but I see why people want both! Plus going on vacation or just to a friends house, you can take a console, but unlikely you will pack up your pc 🙂 Maybe I am wrong about this? Pretty sure if you are young your parents get you one or the other. But don't adults buy both sometimes? I just hope that MSFS is successful on the Xbox when it is released. The more money the better for development 🙂

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

17 hours ago, simmerhead said:

It is interesting indeed and I wouldn’t be surprised to see LM and Amazon work together around P3Dv5. I don’t say it is likely, just that I wouldn’t be surprised. The two companies have  already some ventures together.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, in2tech said:

Don't a lot of PC gamers also have consoles?

Yes, I'm one of them.

17 hours ago, Jazz said:

Perhaps not, but there is no doubt the XBOX release will be quite some time after the PC release

Where does it say that?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

16 hours ago, in2tech said:

Don't a lot of PC gamers also have consoles? And they switch back and forth? I haven't had or want a console in 20 years, but I see why people want both! 

Many gamers may have both, I don't know if there are any definitive surveys about that. It depends on your interests, obviously, and also your comfort level with tweaking a PC for best performance. Which isn't as mandatory as it used to be.

The PC offers a clear advantage in partial upgrades to keep up with new games, like the new GPU I installed recently. PC's are also favored for competitive FPS games where mouse aiming beats a gamepad for accuracy. 

I've never owned a console, unless I count the Colecovision we had years ago for our kid. I'm mostly a strategy gamer, when I'm not flying, and most of the good strategy titles are PC only. I dabble once in a while with action RPGs where a gamepad might actually be better, but I just can't bring myself to buy a gamepad for use on a PC. Doesn't seem proper. 😉

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Where does it say that?

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

I dont think it does, just people guessing.

They just stated, Asobo that is, that it would be after the PC, could be a day, month's, etc... People, wrongly, even some of us were confused at first, were saying it was an Xbox ONLY game after the initial announcement at E3 during the Xbox event. And also most of us had no idea what Xbox Game Pass was, and that they were launching it on PC at that event. MS and Asobo event admitted in one of their events, think it was the September one with the guest they invited, that it confused people. So MS and Asobo kind of had to do mini damage control, and calmed people down saying it was being developed for PC first and Xbox after. They could have a team working on the PC version, and another team working side by side on the Xbox version. No one knows but them 🙂 But we DO know they are working on the PC for sure as we have seen lots of videos on the PC, private events, XO19, and now Alpha. Mainly most of us didn't believe them or it cause we thought they "LEFT the building with ELVIS"! Young people won't understand that 🙂

And if you have read any info on that internet thingy, some people think what we are seeing is doctored videos from them and it still is not real and won't look at all like the videos 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

I dont think it does, just people guessing.

And that is where you are wrong because I heard one of the developers say it one one of the videos I watched. They were quite clear that this will be a PC release followed by a console release and that this is a PC sim first and foremost.

Edited by Jazz