Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.5 HF2 slow loading time

Hello, someone can advise me please why while I load P3D takes long time to load the start page?

thank you

Geo

It could be that your AV is checking your p3d program, but this is highly unlikely, since i guess you've already made an exception in your AV software? When did it start loading slowly, did you install any new add-ons? How long does it take to load, long is very general term?

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

3 hours ago, AndrejS said:

It could be that your AV is checking your p3d program, but this is highly unlikely, since i guess you've already made an exception in your AV software? When did it start loading slowly, did you install any new add-ons? How long does it take to load, long is very general term?

Have no AV program since my PC is exclusively for Flight simulator and since now never had any problems. Had some problems with shaders and reinstalled p3d4.4 client plus scenery and resolved the issues. Since then the start page takes so long time to load. Have ultimate traffic live and Ezdok camera. Could it be simconnect? Takes 3-4 min to open the welcome page

Geo

18 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, someone can advise me please why while I load P3D takes long time to load the start page?

thank you

Geo

Sometimes the same. Hard to tell about reason... but what I doscovered if you use Ctrl+Alt+Del (to show Task manager only) P3D load immediately or after a while, try this trick :).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

3-4 minutes is not bad if you have a few addons

Ian S

38.jpg

6 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Have no AV program since my PC is exclusively for Flight simulator and since now never had any problems. Had some problems with shaders and reinstalled p3d4.4 client plus scenery and resolved the issues. Since then the start page takes so long time to load. Have ultimate traffic live and Ezdok camera. Could it be simconnect? Takes 3-4 min to open the welcome page

Geo

Ok, please read the following with a grain of salt, i'm no expert in problem solving, have a degree in producing problem though :huh:

This is how i decreased the start page loading time from 10+ mins to approx. 30 secs (and this could have been done without the Proc*** programs, since everybody is giving advices to exclude p3d folder from AV). 

I've downloaded the ProcMon64 and ProcExplorer64 from SysInternals, it's very basic but it does miracles (sometimes). There's a bunch of good "how to" videos on YouTube, but it's so basic, anyone can use it.  

Started both programs (start capture events in ProcExplorer!!!), started p3d and first monitored the ProcMon (to see what program is taking the most of my CPU) and waited for P3d to step up and start using CPU. In my case, it was BitDefender (which btw is a great program, but sometimes hard to master). Then i went to ProcExplorer and stopped the Capture events (you'll get some 3+ millions of events, but that's ok). Then i went through all of events which were accessing any of p3d folders (program, add-ons, sceneries) and excluded them from av montoring. And loading time dropped 20x. It's an extreme case, but you get the message. Use both Proc**** programs to discover the culprit and see if there's anything you can do to help the p3d achieving better load up times. If you won't find any process, that takes all of the CPU, then you might have a disk problem :s_bgt:

Edited by AndrejS

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

3-4 minutes is not bad if you have a few addons

Ian, check my signature (i have a gran gran daddy PC), i have a lot of add-ons and i have like 30 secs (ok, max 1 min, i've excluded all of my Orbx sceneries) load time, but yeah, 3-4 mins is not bad.

2 hours ago, AndrejS said:

This is how i decreased the start page loading time from 10+ mins to approx. 30 secs....

Well, just had 70 secs, so it varies to some degree, but it's still super fast for my specs. 

To my opinion, the more adds you have, the longer the loading time. Having had a fresh P3D install on a SSD, without any adds the sim starts within 30 - 45 seconds. Added ORBX, around 2 Minutes, now with full sceneries and programmes, it takes around 4 - 5 minutes.

My 50 cent: I can live with this (I rummage in flightsim forums 😀 meanwhile for example...), if I have a stable and fine running system conversely.

I'd say mine can take up to about 5 minutes to load with Oxbx, 50+scenries and about 20 aircraft installed. +various other addons