Sign in to follow this  
gringo97

Netherlands Orbx True Earth scenery

The new Orbx True Earth Scenery of the Netherlands looks gorgeous. I learnt to fly in the Netherlands so would really love to have this scenery to "fly over" that beautiful country again. The problem is that it is only out on Prepar3D, not FSX (and its not clear if it will ever come out for FSX?). So my question is it worth getting Prepar3D just so I can use this?  Or is the freeware NL2000 (which does work on FSX) just as good, or good enough on the detail? 

What are the advantages of Prepar3D over FSX please?

And if scenery is compatible between Prepar3D and FSX why won't this particular scenery work on the latter? That puzzles me.

20 minutes ago, gringo97 said:

The new Orbx True Earth Scenery of the Netherlands looks gorgeous. I learnt to fly in the Netherlands so would really love to have this scenery to "fly over" that beautiful country again. The problem is that it is only out on Prepar3D, not FSX (and its not clear if it will ever come out for FSX?). So my question is it worth getting Prepar3D just so I can use this?  Or is the freeware NL2000 (which does work on FSX) just as good, or good enough on the detail? 

And if scenery is compatible between Prepar3D and FSX why won't this particular scenery work on the latter? That puzzles me.

It depends how for instance your pc configuration can handle it. P3Dv4.5 is a a whole new ballgame but with alot of new feautures which looks so good.  The price is faster PC and more RAM,VRAM,.

Also its 64 bit so it can handle all the detail in ORBX Nederlands which seems impossible with 32bit FSX (OOM 4GB FSX)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thank you for the reply. My equipment is as follows, in case you are able to comment on whether it will be good enough to run P3Dv4.5;

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5Ghz
Motherboard: ASUSTEK P8Z77-VLX
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Western Digital 1TB SSD, (Toshiba 2TB HDD)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX670
PSU: XFX PRO850W

I would suggest staying with NL2000,,, your system would not be happy with Orbx TE.

CPU needs to be 4 GHz+ and VRAM 8 GB+..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I used TrueEarth Netherlands with a 2GB GTX 770 on my old PC, although that was with calm weather and clear skies, and @ 1920x1080 resolution. My i5 4690k CPU was overclocked to 4.3Ghz. The framerate when airborne was better than I thought it would be, and that was with Scenery Density and Autogen Complexity (Buildings and Trees; MEDIUM draw distance) @ Extremely Dense.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, gringo97 said:

Thank you for the reply. My equipment is as follows, in case you are able to comment on whether it will be good enough to run P3Dv4.5;

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5Ghz
Motherboard: ASUSTEK P8Z77-VLX
Ram: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Western Digital 1TB SSD, (Toshiba 2TB HDD)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX670
PSU: XFX PRO850W

I'd give it a miss with those specs.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Buying a new GTX 1080 ti 11gb would help a lot and the price of these (old) video cards is getting lower and lower, currently approx 400€. I'm quite happy with my 4gb GTX 970, but i'm only flying vfr (which i presume you'll do the same, since buying a TE scenery for big-jets flying doesn't really make sense. 

Edited by AndrejS

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

13 hours ago, gringo97 said:

You have a better chance to hit the lottery than to ever see TE Netherlands in FSX. 😁

But, there's still hope if you are willing to take a chance. ORBX has a sale every few months, when this happens,  buy the trial of P3D v4 or the $10 a month dev license and try it out. The one thing I'd like to say about ORBX TE Netherlands is that it's the best scenery package I've ever purchased for any sim.

You don't have to take my word for it, just keep doing research and in time you will have your decision.

My advice with regards to hardware for P3D v4 & ORBX TE add-ons is that you need at least a GTX 1070 and a large SSD. Both are very affordable, but for a small investment you can try the scenery with your current hardware ASAP.  

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have had a good time with my old 2011 i7 Sandy Bridge 2600K and 16Gb Vram flying TE Netherlands so PC wise it's surely possible with your config. Find your self a second hand 1060 GTX with 6Gb Vram (not the 3Gb) as a minimum GPU and you are ready to go. In that config with high settings I was doing 30fps in 1920x1080. The alternative is also the Dutch Freeware NL2000 version also for P3Dv4.x 

Happy landings...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndrejS said:

Buying a new GTX 1080 ti 11gb would help a lot and the price of these (old) video cards is getting lower and lower, currently approx 400€. I'm quite happy with my 4gb GTX 970, but i'm only flying vfr (which i presume you'll do the same, since buying a TE scenery for big-jets flying doesn't really make sense. 

Thanks. That's a bit outside my budget for now. And yes I would only be flying vfr, and "low and slow" to enjoy the views 🙂 

Is there a graphics card for 200 euro or under that would give me an improved experience over my current set up with a GTX670 or would it not be worth it? Alternatively are there safe sites for purchasing second hand cards?  I'm probably a year or two away from buying a new PC at which point I expect it will need to be a powerful one with scenery like TE entering the market, and some time this year FS2020?

Well, 

you could try other countries in photoreal which should not be such CPU & GPU consumer, haven't tried it yet, but i guess since there's no calculations to be made regarding positioning of the LC, only AG would be the thirsty one. I'm sure you can get a second hand 970 4gb on ebay for less than 100€. Then your system would be more powerful than mine (ok, i have 4,5tb of ssd disks) and i'm quite happy with it. I fly "low & slow" have nearly all Orbx sceneries and airports, almost all of the Europe covered with both photoreal and LC sceneries and i'm getting approx 25-30 fps (some say it's way to low, but with limited resources, i'm quite happy with what i've got) when not flying around major cities or airports. Spain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, ..... everything exists for free, you could add your  AG, made with ScenProc, and you're in for a good flying experience. 

Regarding the FS202X, just skip it, it'll need both fast internet and state of art hardware. 

On 2/9/2020 at 10:50 AM, AndrejS said:

Buying a new GTX 1080 ti 11gb would help a lot and the price of these (old) video cards is getting lower and lower, currently approx 400€. I'm quite happy with my 4gb GTX 970, but i'm only flying vfr (which i presume you'll do the same, since buying a TE scenery for big-jets flying doesn't really make sense

......unless you fly those big jets "low and slow", like I do :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

......unless you fly those big jets "low and slow", like I do :wink:

Ok, now i get it. I thought it was the new RealTurb update, that brought these extreme turbulence enhancements but it seems that it was you, who caused all the commotion in the air. :huh: