Sign in to follow this  
ejy1

new version install question

I am trying install the latest version of the application (ver17.1)  but it wont allow me to remove the existing (16.16) version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks you. 

You don't have to remove the current version yourself, the installer of 17.1 will do it for you.

But that's my point, the application crashes when I go through the install process. I know the new version seeks out the current version and deletes it automatically and installs the new one but not in this case. Any help would be appreciated. 

John

2 hours ago, ejy1 said:

But that's my point, the application crashes when I go through the install process. I know the new version seeks out the current version and deletes it automatically and installs the new one but not in this case. Any help would be appreciated. 

John

I see. Try double clicking at the PSXseeconTraffic/unins000.exe file first before you install a new version.

BTW, what Operating System are you using?

Edited by kiek

I have never heard of this problem in the past 5 years, so this is new to me.

I am using the Inno Setup software for the installer. Could you explain in more detail what kind of error message you get from the installer? 

Could it be that 16.16 is still active? Try a reset of your PC first.

Did you try the unins000.exe?

Did you try to remove 16.16 via the normal Windows way in the Apps screen?

Hi, 

I tried using the unins00.exe but no luck. I will try removing through the Windows 10 uninstall routine. Thank you for helping me out. 

John