Sign in to follow this  
Fabrice

To the Traffic Global users

Hi All,

I just purchased Traffic Global and I think it is pretty good. It add life to airports without impacting framerate, which is necessary in VR.

I have one question to other users of Traffic Global with P2A. How do you do to ensure the active runway(s) in P2A match the active runway(s) used by AI traffic?

I'm currently checking and modifying all the apt.dat files using WED to ensure the rules for AI are what I want and match the runway usage I set in P2A. However, I still have issues (in my last landing on 07 in EDDS, I saw a plane taking off from 25…). So how do you do to prevent this?

Also, @Dave, does P2A read the traffic flow in the apt file or is it based on its own database? In this last case. is there a way to know the active runway selection criterias?

Thanks a lot,

Fabrice

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

A future version of Traffic Global will help with this, you'll be able to see which runway is in use by the AI.

You can also help mitigate problems to some extent with your weather program if it supports it. Active Sky for example has an option to lock the wind direction so that AI don't constantly swap runway ends when the wind is light and variable.

Edited by Andydigital

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy. Looking forward to the new version,.

I'm using Active Sky and have this option checked. However, it seems that when the wind is close to perpendicular to the runway, P2A and TG ^may not have  the same active runway.

I will also play with the max tail wind option of P2A as well, as in my above example with EDDS, P2A directed me to 07 despite a tail wind of about 5kts. I believe I have 3kts max set, but have to double check.

Thanks anyway,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

You can also set preferred runways in P2A TaxiMnt so that in light winds, you will get the preferred runway.

To match AI Traffic, the best way is to directly set the desired Runway in P2A using the SID window.  You check the "Force Dep Rwy" option in that screen and either select a SID on that runway or just press the SetRwy button and you will then get the desired runway.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I may end using the "Force Dep Rwy" option, but this is what I wanted to avoid.

I thought that if we can match the apt.dat's atc flows with P2A rwy selection criteria, I could have it all automatic. But I understand this may be very complicated.

Thanks,
Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert