Sign in to follow this  
pereferiy

THE AIRCRAFT DOES NOT RELEASE THE PARKING

Hi, I need help, I tried many options before writing, do not say that everything is written in the manual, this is not so, I read it many times!
The question is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<meta>
    <info name="author" value="ParkPosGenerator" />
    <info name="version" value="11.0" />
    <info name="date" value="Sat Aug 24" />
</meta>
<parameters>
    <parameter name="ICAO" value="RKSI" />
    <parameter name="IATA" value="ICN" />
    <parameter name="latitude" value="37.462500" />
    <parameter name="longitude" value="126.439167" />
    <parameter name="airport_name" value="Incheon Intl" />
    <parameter name="supplier" value="P3D " />
    <parameter name="parking_percentage" value="100" />
    <parameter name="last_update" value="Feb 10, 2020" />
    <parameter name="num_parkpos" value="210" />
    <parameter name="num_real_live_parkpos" value="132" />
    <parameter name="num_real_live_options" value="511" />
    <parameter name="num_defined_hours" value="1082" />
    <parameter name="altitude" value="23" />
</parameters>
<parkpositions>

I independently set the schedule for Seoul airport according to the 24-hour schedule.

<parkpos id="g109" latitude="37.457134" longitude="126.448593" heading="324.1" radius="36.0" cargo="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="APG" types="A320" real="true" hours="21" />
            <option airlines="ASV" types="A321" real="true" hours="22,23" />
            <option airlines="CEB" types="A20N" real="true" hours="12" />
            <option airlines="CSN" types="A20N" real="true" hours="2,3" />
            <option airlines="CSN" types="A21N" real="true" hours="6" />
            <option airlines="CSN" types="A321" real="true" hours="10" />
            <option airlines="PIC" types="A320" real="true" hours="7" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>

According to this example, the parking should be free and empty from 12 to 21 UTC, but this does not happen, the parking is always occupied by the last prepared aircraft in the interval from 12 to 21).

How to solve this issue, what should I pay attention to, what am I programming wrong?

THANKS FOR ANSWERS

6 hours ago, pereferiy said:

According to this example, the parking should be free and empty from 12 to 21 UTC, 

No it (currently) does not work that way... 

First PSXT takes the parking percentage into account, in your case 100% (which is way too high, but anyway...) so it has to park 210 aircraft (if possible). Then PSXT looks at the actual hour, say 14:00 hours (utc).

The parking algorithm goes as follows:

PSXT first searches in the airport file for gates that have an aircraft at 14:00 hours. If  there are not enough gates to park 210 aircraft, it will widen its time window to 13:00-15:00, and it will look for gates with an aircraft in that time window. If there are still not enough found it will again widen its time window to 12:00 - 16:00, and so on, and so on. .

In your example gate g109 will only be empty betweeen 12 and 21 utc if the parking percentage is a lot lower, say 40% and there are enough other gates with an aircraft at the hours 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21, hence PSXT can place the 40% parked aircraft at the other gates. You need an airport file that is completely filled with parking options, take for instance the EHAM, EGGL and EDDF files from my site.

Edited by kiek

Thank you for your answer, I reduced it to 35% now everything appears and disappears correctly, according to the schedule! it is very pleasing and encourages to exploits!