Sign in to follow this  
FDEdev

100 known locations until now

we need more asia pictures! china, hong kong, corea, japan, singapore

the tokyo and seul pictures thats they post is imposible  to see even the location where is from 

• Like 3

& where's the SHB ......no more NY crackers for MS.

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

It actually is. Newcastle is one of the highly detailed photogrammetry areas. There are some more in Australia. In Bing Maps they have a list of these 3d cities.

Thanks for confirming! Really astounding. I never thought I would live to see the day when a simulation could attain anything remotely like this level of visual realism. And I may have another 30 plus years on this planet to enjoy it. I really cannot wait for the day when I have replaced my ten year old machine and fire this new sim up.

community-spotlight-banner-4-2048x761.pn

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THAT?
Have you ever looked at a screenshot or video from the upcoming MSFS and wondered what part of the world is being shown?

Thanks to u/Ansenton, you no longer have to.

With the help of the Flight Sim community, Ansenton created a world map that pinpoints every place on Earth we’ve showcased so far in the upcoming MSFS.

Click on a pinpoint, and see each screenshot in all of its beauty.

Since the announcement of MSFS, over 100+ locations have been pointed out and Ansenton documented it all.

Ansenton spent over 40 hours working with the community to identify each location.

Thank you Ansenton and all the community folks that helped support this effort. We are incredibly grateful to be working on a franchise that has such a dedicated and passionate community!

Check out the map here or join in on the conversation!

-The Microsoft Flight Simulator Community Team-

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

@simtom 

I merged your topic to the topic that was already started on this 8 days ago.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm honestly angry at the devs as a result of the map. There's a clear bias towards USA and Western Europe in their scenery showcases. If they're going to boast that they can model all 2 million cities and 40000 airports, they'll have to start putting their money where their mouth is and start showing more of the rest of the world.

Even if they don't have everything ready, the consumers understand that it's a WIP. If the rest of the world isn't ready, start asking about ethnicity and region of origin to invite more players outside USA and Western Europe to get more feedback on the rest of the world's scenery.

We're missing China and Russia, India and south Asia, Alaska and some of the interior of Africa.  I'd like to see something from Alaska and PNG and if they post a pic of the Forbidden City and the Kremlin it would be cool.

Edit:  And Narsarsuaq. 😄 

I'd say they did a pretty good representation.

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes, I agree, I hope we will see more screenshots from some "exotic" parts of the MSFS world...

But we know that the screenshots MS selects from the Alpha team and publishes in the Updates, preview the side of the world that was always the main focus of the majority of flight simulator users.

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

17 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

... preview the side of the world that was always the main focus of the majority of flight simulator users.

Plus a considerable part of the preview material shows photogrammetry areas, all of which happen to be located in the Western world. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Plus a considerable part of the preview material shows photogrammetry areas, all of which happen to be located in the Western world. 

I agree, the rest of the world will be very attractive no doubt but rather procedural... 

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

38 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

29 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I agree, the rest of the world will be very attractive no doubt but rather procedural... 

If this is the case, why not demonstrate the capabilities of the non-photogrammetry regions? I also find it really hard to believe that the developers don't have photogrammetry of Hong Kong or Singapore, housing two of the most famous airports in the world.