Sign in to follow this  
sammy

too many aircrafts on parking

Hello,

I observe too many aircrafts on parking: 63 parked aircrafts at LFMN !, 6 EasyJets, 5 BA, 6 Air France, 7 aer Lingus ;  in 10 cases, 2 aircrafts staying superimposed on the same parking....

I have run Parking Position Generator

I have reduced Airport Parking of PSXT from 35 to 15 % but nothing changes after 1 hour?

A part of that problem, departure and landing works fine with RealTraffic.

What can I do?

32 minutes ago, sammy said:

I have reduced Airport Parking of PSXT from 35 to 15 % but nothing changes after 1 hour?

For immediate changes you better change it to 15% then exit PSXT and restart...

If you install more different airlines in your Simulator you will see a better spread in parked aircraft.

Make sure you have Collision avoid. ground Live X Parked checked.

Edited by kiek

Hi kiek

I have set pk to 15% exit PSXT and restarted but Parking came back to 35%???
I use the complete collection of FLAI ai aircrafts and companies

What is wrong?

12 hours ago, sammy said:

What is wrong?

I'm sorry, I had to be more clear. You have to change it in the airport file.

Changes in the UI are only copied to the airport file if you have also live changes in parking positions made by PSXT

Edited by kiek

12 hours ago, sammy said:

I use the complete collection of FLAI ai aircrafts and companies

That's a nice begin but there are far more ....

Sorry Kiek, I do not understand what you mean.

Anytime I modify airport.parking % in PSX (for instance 5% instead of 35%) and restart, it comes back to 35 % and I get 65 ai airplanes whereas Realtraffic indicates no more than 10 airplanes at gates?

Is there anyway to get a more realistic behavior of PSX+Realtraffic on ground?

3 hours ago, sammy said:

Anytime I modify airport.parking % in PSX (for instance 5% instead of 35%) and restart, it comes back to 35 % and I get 65 ai airplanes whereas Realtraffic indicates no more than 10 airplanes at gates?

You should not modify the parking percentage in the PSXT UI but this line in the LFMN.xml airport file in your Airports folder:

<parameter name="parking_percentage" value="5" />

RealTraffic only shows live aircraft with their ADS-B transponder on. There are also a lot of aircraft at gates that do not have their ADS-B transponder on, you do not see those in RealTraffic. That's why I also offer the possibility to let PSXT park static aircraft at gates, based on real information about who parkes where, when and with what type. The parking percentafe controls the total amount of aircraft at gates (live + static).

Edited by kiek

Thanks

LFMN parking_percentage was 50 %, I have modified to 30 % and restarted PSXT, but the number of aircrafts at gates is still 55?

It seems very complicate to do that for all the airports I am flying.

In the future, it might be usefull to add a new setting in PSXT such as Limit parking to aircrafts recorded by RealTraffic +++++

Best regards

Hello again,

I have tried to set parking _percentage of LFMN to 30, 20, 10, 5, 1 (Program files/PSX/Installation airports/LFMN) and nothing changes.When I restart PSXT I have always 65 airplanes at gates in LFMN ????

It may not be the solution.

33 minutes ago, sammy said:

LFMN parking_percentage was 50 %, I have modified to 30 % and restarted PSXT, but the number of aircrafts at gates is still 55?I

If that is the case you have modified a file that is not being used by PSXT (is it set to Installation_airports?)

In the Log.txt you can see what file it has read and with what parking_percentage...

Check your airport parameter setting in the PSXT UI and also check if there is a LFMN.xml in the parked_updates folder. In the latter case make the change in that file.

Edited by kiek

34 minutes ago, sammy said:

In the future, it might be usefull to add a new setting in PSXT such as Limit parking to aircrafts recorded by RealTraffic 

You could already do that, generate all your airport files with PPG with the checkbox Generate [Airline,Aircraft type] options for parking positions unchecked

Then you wil only see live traffic parking at airports depending on the percentage. However, at a lot of airports you will not see any parked aircraft because at those airports there is no ADS-B support for ground traffic.

Correct, I modified parking _percentage of LFMN in the parked update folder from 35 to 15 % restarted PSXT and got 23 parked instead of 65!

It looks more realistic with no redundant aircrafts from the same company.

Will that modify the real traffic departure/arrival?

44 minutes ago, sammy said:

Will that modify the real traffic departure/arrival?

No the real traffic aircraft are live aircraft, they represent their real counterparts in real life. They have priority, so to speak.

If a real traffic aircraft starts its flight at a gate where a static aircraft is parked, then the static aircraft will be removed (if collision avoid live × parked  is checked). Same if an arriving live aircraft wants to park at a gate.

Edited by kiek