Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

FSX and FSWX Weather Engine ?

I have been using this weather engine since i found it and was running FSX from my Windows 7 32 computer, no issues at all; Then I decided to buy a better computer so I purchased a DELL PRECISION TOWER 7810 8GB Upon installing FSX\Accl. All went well then I installed FSWX and that too worked fine. until a week ago I began to suffer freezes and then crashes with a messagebox which says: Exception from HRESULTS 0x000014B I have checked the matter in the internet and there are MANY results amongst others the UIAutomationcore.dll which must be installed in FSX under windows10, If I am correct. I have found the .dll in windows System 32 folder but it is not in my FSX tree.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:

Berlopez 

So you moved from a Windows 7 32 bit computer to a Windows 10 64 bit?  Whatever you do, do

not use the UIAutomationcore.dll that's in your System32 folder.  You need to find and download

the UIAutomationcore.dll from somewhere on the internet.  That .dll would be placed in your Main

FSX folder.  I'll look to see if I find a site with that .dll.

https://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/U/UIAutomationCore.dll/6.0.5840.16386/download.html

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hey Charlie. Thanks for your reply, yes I moved to Windows 10. My Windows 7 computer had it's 13th birthday and the HD had become quite sluggish and unreliable, though it still works it takes ages to load and it's unstable in some programs i.e. MAIL.

I just checked and the UIAutomationcore.dll that I have installed in winsys32 is v.7020183620.1 I have not such .dll in my FSX tree.

Is the link you  post above the new .dll ? I'm a bit confused.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
more info

I mean v 7.2.18362.1 is the version of the .dll in my windows system 32 folder. sorry .

Berlopez

Pay no attention to the .dll in your windows system 32 folder.  DO NOTHING with it!  Click on the link I gave and install THAT .dll into your Main FSX folder.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So I've installed it and so far no freezes...Hope it continues to behave. Thank you Charlie.

Berlopez

It's superb Charlie, just tested again and no CTD's even with "Saved Flights",as it was the case with Windows 10 with Mario's Piaggio 180.

And new weather entered by FSWX

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic, but FSXWX is indeed still working?  Its website is now flagged by Malwarebytes as possibly containing a Trojan.

I don't use it but someone else posted about free weather engines for FSX and I was researching...

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I use Malwarebytes and it's never flagged FSXWX ??? Maybe I get it from another server ???

20 hours ago, Berlopez said:

I use Malwarebytes and it's never flagged FSXWX ??? Maybe I get it from another server ???

I think the application is fine - it is the website that my Malwarebytes doesn't like.  I was wondering if the program was still working regardless and it appears it is.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Just opened FSX loaded FSXWX and no problems. BF you might wonder if the website is the culprit with the Trojan,after all it has/offers a little of everything in there who knows, I scanned last night every aspect of FSX\Acc. Installation with my Avast and nothing was found. Lucky me. I should mention I don't know if another server is available for downloading FSXWX, when it establishes the simconnect ? 

Berlopez

HUMPH! 

Today I suffered a freeze...Again...? I went to check everything I have been adviced, .dlls checked a downloaded a new UIAutomationCore.dll i.e.from the link. checked and compared and it's the same I have in my FSX folder.Installed it and let it replace.

Then I began to speculate that when I loaded the flight that froze I chose I chose from the LOAD list of flights I already had flown and like before when i started this topic the same happened. So I deleted my saved flights and created a new one using the same departure and arrival, just with new FSXWX and flew the complete flight, Could it be that this doesn't work when one loads a saved flight ? Or is it just me?

Berlopez

Charliearon. Ever since i installed the .dll's you guided me to I havent suffered any CTD's; Thanks a million except for eight days ago.

Berlopez

Just suffered CTD's again, checked the numbers of the UIAutomationCore.dll and were the same a from the download you generoulsly guided me to. then I downloaded a new and replaced, had to edit the name as the spaces didn't match; Then  went to start FSX again and go error message, saying I had to reinstall. Drag! I then checked with my win7 installation and found I didn't Have ui.dll in this installation but it was present on my win7. So I copied that from my installation in an ext. HD went and started FSX make a flight no issues at all

Berlopez