Sign in to follow this  
ericbolt

Business Jets with FMS

Hey all! 

I have read many a thread about Carenados biz jets which even if they have an FMS is usually awful. The Falcon 50 looks great, but of course you have to have the GTN750. 

Does anyone know of a good business jet that has a good working FMS that can be updated with navigraph much like our beloved commercial aircraft?

Thanks

There’s nothing, really. The Milviz KA350 comes close but of course that’s a turboprop and it’s basically in early access. 

16 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

There’s nothing, really. The Milviz KA350 comes close but of course that’s a turboprop and it’s basically in early access. 

Thanks

There is the iFly Boeing 737, which of course includes a few BBJ variants. It's not what most people think of when you say 'business jet', but that's nevertheless what it is, and of course being a 737, it has a full FMC (several choices of FMC in fact).

Wilco's Dassault Falcon 7X has a full FMC and a very fancy cockpit in many other respects too, but it is an add-on which some people have found to be problematic in terms of frame rates and some people have reported not being able to get the thing working at all without having to manually tweak some files, so read the reviews and think carefully before buying it, although having said that, it is only 20 quid to buy, so if you did have problems with it, you're not exactly breaking the bank.

You could always try ISG FMC Gauges in one of the many Bizjets which do not have FMCs. That'd work too.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, ericbolt said:

Does anyone know of a good business jet that has a good working FMS that can be updated with navigraph much like our beloved commercial aircraft?

A UNS-1 FMS is currently under development for the Flysimware Lear35, but it will be a while before work is completed.

Al

The Flight1 Cessna Mustang has a Garmin G1000 with a Navigraph updateable nav database.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I agree the current  products meeting your criteria are very limited.  With the current SALE at Reality XP for a GTN 750 at $34.95, I think your best bet lies with one of the recent Carenado jets and use the GTN 750 (now available with a full database from Sep 2019).

I've been flying the Carenado 560 XLS with GTN750 and using the mods from Bert for a few nice added fixes.  Carenado has released v 1.1 and 1.2 to correct some release bugs and personally I think (for the money), it's a nice little fun jet with beautiful looks. 😎

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

I'm not sure if there are decent add-ons for the shorten Bzversion of ERJ and CRJ....I 'm intersted in that class too..

15 hours ago, Chock said:

There is the iFly Boeing 737, which of course includes a few BBJ variants. It's not what most people think of when you say 'business jet', but that's nevertheless what it is, and of course being a 737, it has a full FMC (several choices of FMC in fact).

Wilco's Dassault Falcon 7X has a full FMC and a very fancy cockpit in many other respects too, but it is an add-on which some people have found to be problematic in terms of frame rates and some people have reported not being able to get the thing working at all without having to manually tweak some files, so read the reviews and think carefully before buying it, although having said that, it is only 20 quid to buy, so if you did have problems with it, you're not exactly breaking the bank.

You could always try ISG FMC Gauges in one of the many Bizjets which do not have FMCs. That'd work too.

The Falcon 7X appears to only be for version 3 and below.

31 minutes ago, ericbolt said:

The Falcon 7X appears to only be for version 3 and below.

Not true. The Falcon 7X is compatible with the following programs: FSX, FSXSE, P3D v4, P3D v3, P3D v2, P3D v1

There are two versions of it for download when you buy it (I got mine from Just Flight), one of which is for P3D V4 and the other is for all the other sim versions. I actually flew the thing from Manchester to Almeria last night, installed in the most recent version of P3D V4, with no problem whatsoever (apart from the fact that one of the click spots in the VC for zooming out the map is a bit finicky until you get used to it), so I know that it works just fine in the current P3D version.

It's actually a really nice private jet to fly because it has much fancier built in FMC avionics than everything else out there in that private jet class, what with its complex FMC, big glass gauges and its HGS etc (so there's loads of screens to play with when you are en-route), although these do take a toll on frame rates, so you need a fairly decent PC to run it. You can of course faff about with the FMC and update its Navigraph stuff etc if you want to, but it will fire a P3D or FSX flight plan straight into its FMC for you too if you want to do things that way, so it's a doddle to set it up, which is why I like it because it is great for Air Hauler because of that capability whereby Air Hauler cranks up a flight with a direct-to route already in the flight plan, which you can then start putting SIDs and STARs onto if you like.

As I say, it has its critics, but for 20 quid it is quite nice if you like private jets, and there aren't many three-holers these days either, so it's fun to have one of those in your virtual hangar, because you'll probably never fly a real one given that they are massively expensive in real life (60 Million Dollars).

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Chock said:

it has its critics,

Reviews are mostly negative, with one guy on youtube saying it "drained his life". The cockpit looks terrible. 

Too bad, Eaglesoft are no longer serious contenders in the biz jet addon market. 

The ifly jets are close to 10 years old - plus, I don't think they come with a cabin, which is kind of the point of a biz jet - a luxurious interior. 

Edited by Ricardo41

If the Flysimware Falcon 50 gets its planned FMC (the UNS-1 as ark mentions), this problem will be solved.   Of course, that's a big "if", as Flysimware plans to add the FMC to their Lear first, and then have tentative plans to add the same system to the Falcon 50.   At that point, we'd have our transatlantic-capable FMC-equipped bizjet.

The Lear just doesn't have the range for my purposes.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

9 minutes ago, Mace said:

If the Flysimware Falcon 50 gets its planned FMC (the UNS-1 as ark mentions), this problem will be solved.   Of course, that's a big "if", as Flysimware plans to add the FMC to their Lear first, and then have tentative plans to add the same system to the Falcon 50.   At that point, we'd have our transatlantic-capable FMC-equipped bizjet.

The Lear just doesn't have the range for my purposes.

Guess it depends how often you actually need the extra range. For me the Lear not only looks better, but gets  much better FPS as well, so crossing the pond in a couple of hops instead of direct isn't an issue. That said I fly both regularly..

Left wondering how long Milviz will be with their Lear 60 for something more modern... unfortunately I don't imagine it will be anytime soon!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Now that Milviz has the KA350 done, I suspect the Lear 60 might not be that far away, I think they are installing basically the same Proline 21 into the Lear 60 and that was the big hold up for the KA. We'll see!

Cheers

Martin

39 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Now that Milviz has the KA350 done

Done is kind of a stretch. beta would be more accurate.

Edited by Adrian123
  • Upvote 1