Sign in to follow this  
GlideBy

3rd Party Devs that haven't been in contact

2 hours ago, b737800 said:

That's a swear word. In my spacetime you were either 6502 or Z80 in the home PC world.

The Atari used the 6809.  I think it was the TRS-80 that used the Z-80, but I never used one of those.  By the time I was working with it, it was in a hand held terminal and I was writing down-to-the-bare-metal device drivers.  One of the most interesting jobs I ever had.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

Loved the 6502, learned assembly on it originally with the Apple II rom monitor,

When I learned VHDL in a master's class, I implemented the 6502 in an FPGA.  It wasn't a complete implementation, but it did a majority of the instruction set.  I don't remember how many pages of design I had, but it worked.  You could assemble code and it would run it.  I felt pretty good about it, until the instructor showed his implementation on the last day of class.  It was unbelievably simple; I suddenly felt like a two year old with a fat crayon making pretty pictures.

I subscribed to the topic because I am interested to learn about 3rd party support for MFS. Can we, please, shift the discussion on Z80 and Assembler to a separate thread?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ok I feel good now, I am not the only one who is snubbed... In this case, I don't think I will email them again.

I will focus on my actual project for another simulator... Hoping that, we, freeware developers/creators will still get a final release SDK access...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

3 hours ago, zalox said:

He is Japo32

And here is the stream, in spanish:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/548791310

He said he recieved the tech alpha invitation and the SDK, but he doesnt have it yet and he will make the SIAI Marchetti for FS2020.

6 hours ago, Claviateur said:

Ok I feel good now, I am not the only one who is snubbed... In this case, I don't think I will email them again.

Patience, Believe me, you really aren't missing much anyway. The SDK is very, very far from complete.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, n4gix said:

Patience, Believe me, you really aren't missing much anyway. The SDK is very, very far from complete.

Even if it is far from complete, I would like to know how it works regarding implementations, and gain time from now creating 3D eye candy for it.

8 hours ago, mpozzi said:

He said he recieved the tech alpha invitation and the SDK, but he doesnt have it yet and he will make the SIAI Marchetti for FS2020.

I'm proud to own the SF.260 for X-Plane11 and AFAIK, his flight model is so so accurate and lot of fun.

If finally relesed for FS2020 I won't doubt on buying a copy again to do VFR flights.

6 hours ago, mpozzi said:

Even if it is far from complete, I would like to know how it works regarding implementations, and gain time from now creating 3D eye candy for it.

SDK could mean a lot of things so if for now what they provide is documentation and command lines for developers then these could not be useful for scenery creators who wait for WYSIWYG type of tools as they might not find anything useful in the docs for now.

But in my case, I would not mind exploring documentations as for how the procedural world of MSFS is structured and how one can customize it and down to what geographic level.

Edited by Claviateur

From today's update:

SDK UPDATE

We are still in the process of rolling out SDK access to all of our partners. If you’ve not yet received access, hang in there as we are working to get everyone added as quickly as possible.

Currently, we’ve got over 30 partners with access to the SDK. The feedback has been incredibly beneficial to the team as we continue to work hard on upcoming features.

In the next Alpha update, you can expect improvements for existing tools, a new in-game aircraft editor will allow configuration tuning for aircraft parameters including the flight model with onscreen debug support.

1 hour ago, GlideBy said:

From today's update:

SDK UPDATE

In the next Alpha update, you can expect improvements for existing tools, a new in-game aircraft editor will allow configuration tuning for aircraft parameters including the flight model with onscreen debug support.

well I guess there will be the possibility to build dynamic aircraft geometry and overall spec settings in game, in a visual way, for rapid testings in game and that would be easily replaced by 3D eye-candy.

11 hours ago, mpozzi said:

well I guess there will be the possibility to build dynamic aircraft geometry and overall spec settings in game, in a visual way, for rapid testings in game and that would be easily replaced by 3D eye-candy.

I think it will be more parameters tuning with probably some visual references or metrics. But I doubt we can manipulate the 3D model in-sim.

However, as I mentioend before, this is very encouraging as it might mean also in-sim editors for scenery...

16 hours ago, GlideBy said:

From today's update:

SDK UPDATE

We are still in the process of rolling out SDK access to all of our partners. If you’ve not yet received access, hang in there as we are working to get everyone added as quickly as possible.

Currently, we’ve got over 30 partners with access to the SDK. The feedback has been incredibly beneficial to the team as we continue to work hard on upcoming features.

The word "Partners" is again very present and almost underlined in this statement, as it was in the previous SDK news.

So I presume, again, the freeware addon crowd, no matter how many contributions they made to FS since its early versions, are obviously not considered "Partners".

Commercial Add-on developers are obviously enjoying the "Partners" label.

But if this is the case, then it could be my little disapointment as it could contradict the way the project is presented to the community.. 

I could be mistaken...

Edited by Claviateur

3 hours ago, Claviateur said:

So I presume, again, the freeware addon crowd, no matter how many contributions they made to FS since its early versions, are obviously not considered "Partners".

Perhaps they're still limiting the number of partners at this point because the SDK still seems to be in early stages. Inviting tons of freeware developers would probably up the number of partners so much that they would be flooded with feedback.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD