Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Microprose are back - b17 and other teasers shown

Stumbled onto these yesterday, very exciting news for fans of b17, gunship, falcon, M1 and other classics. Also a new ww2 combat sim warbirds 2020 has been announced.

https://twitter.com/micro_prose?lang=en

Their new website shows more Apache and f16 teasers too plus talk of whole world combat simulation.

https://www.microprose.com/

Rumours in various forums that they might be using outerra.

Chris

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I still have the F-16 on CD somewhere, the manual was the size of the telephone directory!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Chock calling PC, engage cautious optimism mode!

Cautious because I guess we should always remember what Paul McCartney allegedly once said when asked about the possibility of the Beatles reforming, (although apparently it was Linda who originally said it, when Wings were on tour): 'You cannot reheat a souffle'. Or perhaps we can also use the example of the more recent Star Wars movies, which, try as they might, cannot seem to recapture the (very much of its time) thrill of the original three movies.

Back in the day - along with Janes - Microprose appeared to want to simulate every military vehicle known to man in their various offerings. More often than not they actually managed to pull it off with some aplomb too, so it was pretty much a given that any new sim they banged out was an instant buy for those of us around at the time. Notable high points in their output for me, being Midwinter, Gunship and B17. Some of those titles still stand up today as sims which are enjoyable to play with which is no doubt why you can still buy them on Steam. So if they put out an updated version of B17, I'd be all over that like a cheap suit.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Back in the 80's and early 90's Along with The Magic Candle, I played some of their games to exhaustion.

Somewhere I should still have the floppies/disks for the F-15 Strike Eagle, the F-19 Stealth Fighter, Pirates and Master of Magic.

I wish they would have brought F1 series by Geoff Grammond.

• Like 1

my suspicion is that people behind the brand trying to get their paycheck using the past glory 

8 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Stumbled onto these yesterday, very exciting news for fans of b17, gunship, falcon, M1 and other classics. Also a new ww2 combat sim warbirds 2020 has been announced.

https://twitter.com/micro_prose?lang=en

Their new website shows more Apache and f16 teasers too plus talk of whole world combat simulation.

https://www.microprose.com/

Rumours in various forums that they might be using outerra.

Chris

Geeze

I still have the original box to both the F19 and 117 stealth bomber in the Dos days.

What a return.

Bob

They may have to work some to update to Windows 10 UI.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Potentially very cool! Any idea who's involved? Sid Meier? Bill Stealy? Or if it's a new crew, someone that's got their vision and talent under its skin?

One of my all-time happiest sim experiences was a visit to Microprose in 1989 to interview Meier and Stealy for a flightsim publication I founded.  Two remarkable characters. 

I hope the revived Microprose can do them justice.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Spent way too much time with B17 and M1 tank platoon and sorry Microprose, Longbow 2 was better.

I have a near mint first edition Empire Interactive Mig Alley sitting on the shelf in front of me. Those boxes aren't much smaller than a Corn-Flakes box. I still love flying the Milviz F-86 because it brings back memories of the hours I spent playing that game. I see a new golden age for the genre just around the corner. I think I'll try to install it and see what happens.😁