Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Microprose are back - b17 and other teasers shown

OK that's it I'll try to install it and see what it makes of windows 10, 5.3ghz and a 2080ti 🤣

Oh my goodness. MicroProse... they were one of the GODS of my early teenage years.

Gunship started it for me on the C64... I still have the keyboard overlay. I got it for Christmas one year, and absolutely STUDIED the user manual over the next several days as we crisscrossed New England visiting each set of grandparents/family. I vividly recall running into my grandparents living room exclaiming that the Apache had a predicted 30:1 kill ratio, and one of my uncles mercilessly mocked my nerdiness while I'm sure my parents just shook their heads.

Then F-15 Strike Eagle II.....

Then F-19.... 

Then.... (girls), (drivers license), and even found F-15 in the local arcade - not worth the $0.25... I did so much better at home with it.

Much respect. I only hope they do the MicroProse name justice.

----------

This jogged my memories... middle school, very early 1990's. We were on a field trip (possibly up to Boston?) and for some unknown reason, we stopped at the brand-new "Emerald Square Mall" on the way home. Malls were still a big thing back then, but for this geek the fact they had an Electronics Boutique AND a Babbage's was a-ma-zing. (How and why our teachers let us loose in there for an hour on a school field trip escapes me)

Anyway, I picked up "Vette!" at Babbage's, and for the next couple of months or so, I was an expert in San Francisco driving.

I miss those days. The days of pinwheel copy protection devices... the days of killer 'SID' intro music... where framerates didn't matter, because you WERE in fact driving a Lotus Esprit on the Pacific Coast Highway... and on and on and on..

I sense a YouTube gameplay binge session coming on... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Avidean said:

OK that's it I'll try to install it and see what it makes of windows 10, 5.3ghz and a 2080ti 🤣

couldn't do it. It would complete the installation in XP compatibility mode. I do care enough to figure it out.😒

i loved the grand prix series back in the 90s! played GP2 - GP4 all the time as a kid!

Been watching this for a while. I still play their B17 sim regularly and am hoping that they may revist it with a new version. Note that their three forthcoming new titles are listed on Steam, so you can add them to your wishlist and get updates info.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is great news! And three launch projects I'd already been following with interest, too. This has really put a smile on my face.

James

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Been watching this for a while. I still play their B17 sim regularly

I used to play that on the Amiga 600. Great times. Didn't the Bomb-aimer mission take place on the Isle of Sheppey or something?

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jose beat me to it 😄

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow, this is a blast from the past. The hours of my life spent on Grand Prix and F-19 Stealth Fighter on my Amiga 600.

Happy days.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Having played Cold Waters, i am mostly looking forward to the "Sea Power" one. I can see lots of similarities with Cold Waters.

I also hope everybody else can look at the screenshots and the videos and realize these are not meant to be simulators, but can still be enjoyable 🙂 Like any other game

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

aaaah nice, hehe this looks like just for the ancient folks 😉

From F-15 Strike Eagle to Falcon-4.0 i flown everything (and later Gunship) but what I remember most about is Grand Prix from Geoff Crammond.

I don't expect much here beside a few nostalgic moments, but lets see.

Yeah, I'm going to remain very pessimistic because MicroProse isn't back, it's mostly just the name. I believe there's just a single guy who was on the original team, the co-founder Bill Stealey and that's it. Then you have a brand new team, working on 3 titles at once? That means we won't see any of the golden era MicroProse magic and worse, few developers can work on 3 games simultaneously and still maintain a modicum of quality standards. I worry these games will be below average money flips. Those are just the 3 titles we know of as well, we've seen even more titles teased... Imagine if they are working on 4-5 or even 6 games behind the scenes? Jeez. 

I am more than ready to be proven wrong though. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

52 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Wow, this is a blast from the past. The hours of my life spent on Grand Prix and F-19 Stealth Fighter on my Amiga 600.

Happy days.

F19 was the best.... I was a little guy when that came out!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |