Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

The difference between 2D monitor and VR

7 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Don't hold your breathe for that one! I don't imagine even several generations of VR will make the virtual world look like real life exactly as our eyes see it.

I had my first moment of presence on my DK1 seven years ago. Yes the current headsets don't even have retina display, but our brain has a powerful mechanism to fool ourselves with every kind of media possible, ever since the cave painting days. VR is already a big step ahead on this road.

• Like 1

I remember all the dinky cars and toy airplanes I had as a kid, and it’s as though VR magically shrinks me, so that now I can actually fit inside them...and they operate properly too. Lol

I'm really liking the Rift S and find it is so comfortable. With supersampling, all the games look fine and I can read the Garmin by slightly leaning forwards.

Now with the touchscreen GTN 750, I can have all the info in a pop up on the passenger side too. Just brilliant.

2D on a monitor or on my 50 inch lcd, is just like watching from the outside again.

Edited by Tonyp23
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:41 AM, Tonyp23 said:

I remember all the dinky cars and toy airplanes I had as a kid, and it’s as though VR magically shrinks me, so that now I can actually fit inside them...and they operate properly too. Lol

I'm really liking the Rift S and find it is so comfortable. With supersampling, all the games look fine and I can read the Garmin by slightly leaning forwards.

Now with the touchscreen GTN 750, I can have all the info in a pop up on the passenger side too. Just brilliant.

2D on a monitor or on my 50 inch lcd, is just like watching from the outside again.

This this this!!!

This is the essence of VR for me....to enjoy fine 3d model digital machinery!

Boats trains planes and cars!!!

The toy models I owned as a kid I now collect them in the new digital age sit inside and operate them!

This guy gets it!!!

QQ20180516010811__73278.1526458335.png?c

z1BV9jbVOBYIBf9oqPAfJp_vGL2F89A7mNs3FU6v

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Greetings Ladies/Gents;

The level of involvement and presence far exceeds our external monitor use in my opinion.  Here's the thing, there is a level of malarkey (in the voice of Joe Biden) when individuals who never tired VR in the SIM claim it does not exceed the level of involvement and presence felt compared to external monitors.  

Everyone who uses VR has for some time used an external monitor with their SIM of choice, so their comparison of the two (even if exaggerated), is more authentic.  Don't make a claim or comparison until you have tried both; to do so is not only a disservice to upcoming Simmers but you're being untruthful to your self.  If one does not like the idea of VR, state that which would be the truthful admit on bias preference (if you've never tired VR).  The advantages of VR flying far outweigh its current limitations (*current* because as time progresses, it will hurdle those limitations). 

Approach and Landing: Congo Town, Andros Bahamas out of Nassau -- in VR of course (I have added the B717 from TFDi and Milviz B-King Air to my A/C lineup and have perfected use in VR so stay tuned for those streams forthcoming) -- so, Vertx's DA62, TDFi's B712, Milviz B-350i and Just Flight C152 are my A/Cs of choice for VR flying in P3Dv4 ---

On 2/11/2020 at 7:47 AM, Casualcas said:

But in VR you can look behind you and see the shark coming 

That gimmick is not enough to sustain one's enjoyment after you get used to it.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub