Sign in to follow this  
lvservent

Does RXP GTN750 support E1000?

Dear RXP staff,

I recently purchased your GTN750 and found it is really a good product.

However, I'm struggling to use the VNAV function of GTN750 on 2 of my 3rd party aireplanes, which are Aerobask Epic E1000 and Hotstart TBM900.

I've already found that your GTN750 does not support TBM900 in an exist thread.

Hoever, I'm not sure if it could work with my E1000 or not, as I'm really new to sim flying, I don't know if my operation was wrong, or it just not work with my E1000.

I've checked all connection boxes to make GTN750 a mster device, connected it to GPS autopilot, and update simulator waypoints, and etc.

Please also kindly let my know if your GTN750 works with Carenado Premier 1A.

Best regards,

Ming

Hi,

There is plenty of info available only a 'search engine' away:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/180083-premier-1a-updates/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/184936-premier-1a-replace-fms-with-gtn-750/

Please note in general, any aircraft already equipped with a 'G1000' type of device is already having its own GPS as well, which will certainly conflicts with an additional GPS like the GTN.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Dear RXP,

Thank you so much for your help! Please forgive my lack of utilizing of search engine. As an aviation hobbyist from China, my English is not very well.

Actually, I've already own the Carenado P1A, however, I've tried GTN750 on Aerobask E1000 (G1000), Hotstart TBM900 (G1000), and Carenado P1A (not G1000), and found that all 3 of them have same problem.

Because it says P1A support RXP GTN750 in the selling webpage, I'm wondering if it really fully support your GTN750.

After tried several times, it seems that GTN750 works with 3 of them if I check all checkboxes under the panel instruments settings and auto update sim waypoints, EXCEPT the VNAV function.

When I reach the top of decend, I can hear a voice remind, I have my VNAV activated, set altidude below the cyan waypoint altidude value, however, there is no VDI marks show up and the airplane just fly over TOP point. I tried "V-Direct to" function, and found GTN750 does recalculate VNAV profile, however, there is just no VDI marks and the airplane fly over TOP point again. (RNAV such as LPV, L/VNAV, and ILS works well, VDI of "G" marks do show up and all of 3 airplanes can capture glide slope very well, there is just no "V" marks show up.)

I've also tried my local Garmin aviation trainer using GTN750 with GDU 1060, VNAV works fine. VNAV of G1000 on TBM900 works fine too. 

For now, I'm using VNAV page in GTN750 as a decend calculator, and make my decend manually. Althought G1000 on my TBM900 works very well, I still enjoy the easyness of using touch screen on GTN750 instead of knobs on G1000. 

Please kindly let me know if there are some airplanes support your GTN750's VNAV function, and I'm happy to purchase the airplane to use with your GTN750. Your GTN750 is an amazing product that give a lot of fun and enjoy.

At last, please accept my sincere thanks for the 2 links you provided above. They are EXTREMELY HELPFUL. I will try to update my P1A and replace the ini file come with my P1A to see if VNAV works on the airplane tonight  🙂

With best regards,

Ming

I've checked, my P1A is already updated to version 1.2.

I also replaced the RealityXP.GTN.ini file to make it as same as the original version.

However, the VNAV still not work... I manually decend to FAF point, the plane can capture LPV glide slope though...

Do I understand correctly the Hotstart TBM 900 is displaying a VDI with our GTN alright, but the Carenado and Aerobask are not?

Although there is no way to know in advance the depth of the integration offered in 3rd party aircraft, it usually is quite complete because the 'data' integration relies on X-Plane data refs which our GTN is overriding.

Nonetheless, any G1000 aircraft is designed usually to get the signal from X-Plane and if using the X-Plane G1000 it is even harder because in this case X-Plane datarefs override is not working fully (limitation in X-Plane beyond our control). This is somewhat expected because a G1000 device is also a GPS device and they don't expect another GPS overriding the one already embedded.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorry for making you comfused. Non of the 3 airplanes have VNAV works on GTN750, they all have the same issue that no VDI marks show up and the airplane just ignore my VNAV profile from GTN750. (TBM900 does follow VNAV profile from its own G1000. My Garmin Trainer V6.62 does follow VNAV from GTN750.) 

My question was, my Permier 1A also don't have VNAV works correctly, and this plane does not use G1000. 

Thank you for your detailed explanation, I understand the G1000's limitation now, and understand it's nothing wrong with your product. It's Larminar's work to make it open to you, and finally make it work.

Let's wait 3rd party airplanes and Laminar XP11 update. I believe when XP11 make it possible, you will follow up and make it work finally.

For now, I will keep using VNAV function from GTN750 to do munually decend🙂

Have a good day,

Ming

Edited by lvservent
  • Like 1