Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Crossing the Red - #5

Crossing the Red - #5

The route resumes at Marla (YALA) heading south to Coober Pedy and Tarcoolla before reaching the southern coast of Australia at Ceduna.  From Ceduna the route turns west and we begin the long crossing of the Nullabor landing at Penong, Yalata Mission, and stoping at Nullabor Motel 

Documentation
The Crossing the Red Pt 2a flightplan (updated with start at Marla) and Pilots Guide Pt 2 found here.

Aircraft:  As the distances between the first three airstrips is around 100 miles I will start with the Citation Mustang and then switch in Ceduna to the Cessna 421 as the next three airstrips are around 50 miles apart.  As always, you are free to fly what you like.

2XWn7KB.jpg

Particulars
•    Date and time: Feb 15, 2020  1900 UTC
•    Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
•    Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
•    Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

2 hours ago, jt_williams said:

Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

I'm all for courtesy. Where would we be without it?

By the way:

Did you hear that Roger's house was picketed by P.E.T.A.? Apparently they were upset by Roger's insistence on wearing real goatskin trousers. They are demanding he cease that barbaric practice this instance!

I can't say I disagree with them, after all, what's wrong with the new faux goatskin you can get nowadays?

Just sayin'

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Now look here Ron , I don't mind you mentioning my "BRUMMIE" accent, but when it comes  to openly criticizing my goat skin apparell made especially for me by that well known tailor of

goat, rabbit, mole & other rare fabrics " Izzie Goldstien " well it cuts me to the core.

look forward to saturdays flight when we can continue the banter.

regards

Something special for the post-flight barbie at the Nullarbor Roadhouse. While some pilots are making a sandwich at Ceduna we might pick up a pre-order of  King Prawns from the West Coast Prawn Fishery. Add some salt and pepper calmari and Bob's your uncle.

And while at Ceduna, we can tip our caps to the "Oyster Capital of Australia" and bring along fresh oysters to add local color to the event.

Golfers might pack their sticks in the front luggage compartment and get ready for the Nullarbor Course, "the longest course in the world." Hope you can join in. (We might make only 10 holes. You would think that we would get a special discount on the greens fees as flying golfers are limited by the scarcity of airstrips. But this being Australia, the expectation is probably that we land our aircraft on the Eyre Highway while playing through. Shoes, pants, and shirts are required.)

By the way, is there an animation for the NuNy? Or do we have to wait for 2020? (We can look over at the MSFS discussion thread...the participants there seem to know everything.)

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Dang it! I can't eat prawns etc. on account of they inflame my gout. :sad:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Couldn't make it today.. missed you guys and your prawns!! (lol Mike). But sure agree Ron..I sure can't handle prawns either!!.  

But.. if it counts, (and it really doesn't), the only Prawns I can handle are the ones in the game of chess!!  (but those aren't exactly "PRAWNS" they're "PAWNS!" but rrrrrrr close enough!"  lol.).   (And I can even play chess fairly well.. even though those prawns do keep crawling around!!)

===============================================

Hope that I'll be able to join with you gents tomorrow in the New Mexico flight! (wife willing) And If so expect my famous 421C (painted by Sir Ronald)). 

(We are into a huge kitchen reno so have been a bit tied up doing some of the tear down and other pre-work!)

Norm

Edited by nbrich1