Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HaraldG

Kilimanjaro Intl. to Entebbe via Bujumbura with the 727

Good evening,

here are some shots from a flight HTKJ - HBBA - HUEN with the TDS 727. All sceneries are (of course!) by Emmanuel Mwandosya, who brought us some of the finest freeware sceneries für airports in Africa that weren't covered by add-ons so far.

RWEoZUQ.jpg

um4kFxW.jpg

Kibo summit above the clouds:

rutmTSX.jpg

m1fsLrZ.jpg

Approach to Bujumbura:

zrJaTHz.jpg

DTnPFI0.jpg

Contemporary architecture:

DEg0Bqm.jpg

Before take off from Bujumbura, we have to wait for a very interesting visitor from Angola:

N7chwHt.jpg

Uusg00d.jpg

Some smoke:

2K6QgUM.jpg

Lake Victoria:

eEdDIcn.jpg

Whole crew doing their duty:

3idbBcc.jpg

3hRxIuh.jpg

4jNzlRH.jpg

Finally Entebbe:

ZiCPSQP.jpg

7aRvyma.jpg

sQ17Pou.jpg

I hope you liked these...

Regards, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, nice pics. I see that you finally switched to the TDS 727. What panel are you using now? It does not look like Dreamfleet...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Great pictures and (FW) scenery, Harald, along with your TDS 727!

In your 3rd shot, the fly-by image of the Kibo Summit looks very nice and impressive!

Thanks guys for commenting.

Maybe there is a flaw in flaps functionality, have to check.

@ Luis Hernandez: Panel of the CaptainSim 727; I bought it exclusively for merging its panel with the TDS model; some problems with certain functions still exist.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Sweet!! Old School Cool

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks Phantom88!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Nice shots, Harald.  Lots of interesting places to fly in Africa now with FS9.  

John G.

Thanks John. Thanks to Emmanuel, the scenery map of Africa is filling airport by airport. Saw first construction shots of Kigali...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald:

This Emmanuel scenery contributions seem like really good stuff...(easy hit on FS9 search!)...I noticed some folks even asking it for FSX/P3D...great to explore this continent in the SIM, for those who love it, until we get any better things for ourselves....

What a wonderful flight/set Harald! 😍 Always good to see you in the virtual skies with your lovely AI.

I should be back in my 727 soon too. 😎

It's true, Emmanuel is very productive and his sceneries are getting better and better. His Bujumbura scenery is a true masterpiece. I did never expect such good additions for Africa in FS9 still to come until his offerings.

Ed, many thanks. Myself waiting for your B727 pics and films.

- while I will probably return to the Tupolev or another Russian plane. I've had too many functionality problems with my TDS/CS 727 merge.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

1 hour ago, HaraldG said:

- while I will probably return to the Tupolev or another Russian plane. I've had too many functionality problems with my TDS/CS 727 merge.

That's why I make my own panels.  I have been working on a Gulfstream G III panel. It's autopilot, FMC are the same as my 727. Having the AOM for it has enabled me to perfect it along with the AOA indicator for my 727. The MFD will be the same as in my upcoming Tu-154M panel.😎

49557268298_ceb70cf235_o.jpg

Interesting perspective Ed.. I still like a wide view but gets the YD and lower area in there without a popup. Did you do N198PA? I did N173PA and can share😉

Greg

32 minutes ago, gpeters said:

Interesting perspective Ed.. I still like a wide view but gets the YD and lower area in there without a popup. Did you do N198PA? I did N173PA and can share😉

Greg

That is my IFR view, my VFR view is a bit different. 😋 . 

49571829892_7f764b5b1d_o.jpg

49571602466_310b538b76_o.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.