Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Mouse Pointer Constant Flashing with Circle.

Hello All.

Windows 10 for some unknown reason my mouse pointer keeps flashing with the small opening program circle at the end of the pointer.

Happens in Windowed or Full Screen., read disable tool tips, did not work. Noticed it was not happening in my saved flights, So just got default King Air up at Friday Harbour clicked save flight, called it number one, then reloaded number one, Pointer working normally. I normally save the aircraft set up over the monitors so not to much of a problem, reason for it ?..? But now have work around. So Steam on hold for the moment, until another W10 problem comes along.

Just of interest, had the above open on one 24 inch monitors 170 to 180 FPS , this default plane as above ,would probably be about 30 of 9 monitors .

Trubshaw.

Further testing has shown that opening up certain sub panel while in eyefinity, ie view of switches ete,  some cause a fatal error, others you get this pointer problem which half’s the frame rate, And the only way out is to shut down restart and don’t use those effecting panels found by trial and error then note them down for the Type, most are OK but at least three. Create a problem if opened.

On the default aircraft is there any way of getting rid of the cockpit reflexions on the glass windows.

Trubshaw.   

Yeah I find sometimes if I undock a control panel or instrument window and move it elsewhere, and then try to undock it, I often get that circle and flashing mouse cursor.  Saving the flight, exiting the sim, and resuming the flight helps, I believe.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Hi Steve.

I have found out using Eyefinity when opening certain but not all of the sub Panel windows like say an switch panel from one of the drop down menus will cause it, and it cut the frame rate right down. There is a way to stop it by resizing these panels in the con fig file, but in every aircraft . Too much for me. 

I now just make a write a note of the causing sub panel of each particular and don’t use it.

Trubshaw