Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

No hide bezel option for XP version?

For P3D, there is a "hide bezel" option ... but there is no such option for XP11?  So when displayed on my RSG 750 or 530, I'm also getting the bezel, which I don't want.

Reading thru the RXP XP11 user guide:

Grab any popup window edge to resize and maintain the original gauge aspect ratio. Press and hold the
SHIFT key while resizing to relax the aspect ratio constraint. Grab the bezel to move the popup window, or
the window top edge if the gauge is displaying without any bezel.

Press and hold the SHIFT key then LEFT-Click the window top edge to scale the window to either 1:1 or 2:1
native screen resolution6.

suggests it can be setup without any bezel ... I searched docs for "bezel" and this is the only information I found.

Hints?

Cheers, Rob.

Found it, have to manually edit the RealityXP.GNS.INI and RealityXP.GTN.INI for my aircraft specific settings and set nobezel = true.

Is there any method to remove the window title bar?  (set to bordless windows somewhere?)

Cheers, Rob.

Unfortunately a new issue ... with RXP and RSG XP11 

Both RXP 530 and RXP 750 installed and setup on respective RSG 530 and 750.

I set Ryan TCAS to enable on the RXP 750 which triggers a panel reload/refresh.  After this change completed, the RXP/RSG 530 buttons started to control the RXP 750 ... I couldn't get past the 530 OK? (ENT did nothing).  I tried disable of TCAS, turn on/off GPS command, even exited XP11, nothing resolved.  I'm now stuck with a RSG 530 that controls a RXP 750.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

As you can see below, the RXP with RSG 530 and 750 are working well with P3D (no title bars, full screen) with the Milviz C310 (set to WX only using default 530 in VC).  In the case the 530 is master with AI traffic enabled and being displayed ... All good in P3D:

uc?id=1JhCYOIrLkE9AhD79ZGXtE9TiYZV26wTz

uc?id=1Tw0QlucikZXXNf7aanB_p5m50GRX-NL8

But no matter what I do, I can't get the RXP RSG 530/750 combo to work together in the Carenado CT210M (current version) for XP (11.41).  Both RXP's are updated to the latest version and so is the RSG XP plugin.

Thoughts on how to make them both work together?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi,

10 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is there any method to remove the window title bar?  (set to bordless windows somewhere?)

I presume you're asking for XP11? If so this is not possible because it is a XP11 Popout Window and this is how XP11 is displaying them.

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

But no matter what I do, I can't get the RXP RSG 530/750 combo to work together in the Carenado CT210M (current version) for XP (11.41).

It would depend whether RSG is using the native RXP GNS and GTN custom commands or the default XP11 GPS commands (which require enabling "Use Simulator GPS Commands" setting). 

Then each GPS must be a different unit, for example GNS 530 #1 and GTN 750 #2, because there are only 2 sets of commands which are differentiated only per unit#.

I'd suggest you review which is which.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

HI Jean-Luc,

Yes XP per forum.  Ok, will submit a request to LR for borderless window option.

I've tried just about every combo "Use Simulator GPS Commands" and at one point they both were working correctly, it wasn't until I set one unit the 530 (in my case 750 is Unit#1 and 530 is Unit#2) to "Use Ryan TCAS" ... that's when the issue started.

I'll start over and try to capture a video showing the issue.

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

LR for borderless window option

As it is right now I'm not sure they would even implement this but I can be mistaken: as it is right now, the popout window is just a regular Windows window (with a title bar), like our GUI Settings window. Removing the titlebar requires implementing per-OS custom handling (macOs vs Windows vs Linux) and this doesn't ressemble the way XPlane is developed.

Anyhow, what is the issue having a titlebar?

As for the 'commands' it is peculiar. I've quickly reviewed the code base and TCAD option only changes TCAD related items. The "User Simulator GPS Commands" is not affected to this.

Please keep us informed about your findings.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

7 hours ago, RXP said:

Removing the titlebar requires implementing per-OS custom handling

Pretty sure that's not the case, but either way, it's just a request, I have no expectations beyond that.  You folks did the work to not have a bezel ... title bar is just more of the same distraction.

If I find a solution, I'll certainly report back.

Cheers, Rob.   

Hi Jean-Luc,

I've not found a solution for conflict with 530 and 750 under XP11.41, but I have been able to replicate the problem.

RXP GNS 530 and 750 version is 2.4.17.2

RSG Plugin for XP is 1.3.6.0

Aircraft used is Carenado B58 with RXP 750 support.

1. If I start with an aircraft that has nothing setup for RXP (no 530 no  750), then add the RXP 750 1 and enable "Use Simulator GPS commands" drag over to RSG touch display, 750 is working great.  Now I added RXP 530 2, and enable "Use Simulator GPS commands" drag over to RSG display, and 530 is working great.
  2. Exit XP11 back to desktop.
  3. Start XP11 resume flight or load save flight and the RXP/RSG 530 buttons and knobs operate the 750?

So on initial first time setup of both 530 and 750 everything works fine.  Only AFTER I exit XP11 and come back in XP11 do I have this 530/750 conflict??

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

FYI, no issues with both 530 and 750 on the P3D side of things, only with XP11.

Edited by Rob_Ainscough

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

resume flight or load save flight and the RXP/RSG 530 buttons and knobs operate the 750?

Let's try troubleshooting this. I feel this has something to do with the RSG plugin alone but let's find out.

1. Is the RSG plugin saving its configuration in a file?
  2. If so, which file is it?
  3. Is it a text file you can edit in notepad?
  4. what is the content of the file the second time around?
Edited by RXP

7 hours ago, RXP said:

Is the RSG plugin saving its configuration in a file?

Not that I'm aware.  There is a CommandMapping.ini file located in the XP11\Resources\plugins\RealSimGear.  The documentation suggests I can copy the CommandMapping.ini to my aircraft folder and RSG plugin reads from the aircraft folder first and if not found will use the ComandMaping.ini from global plugins folder.  But I don't think this has any significance to issue at hand.

If I bring up the RSG command panel in XP11, I can see the button events happening from the RSG 530, but nothing is happening in the RXP 530 ... all seems to be operating on the RXP 750.  So when I load the aircraft I get a RXP 530 OK? prompt, but the RSG 530 ENT button does nothing on the RXP 530 ... everything seems to get routed to the RXP 750.

I'm in a "chat" session with Brad at RSG ... but so far no resolution.

Cheers, Rob.

7 hours ago, RXP said:

what is the content of the file the second time around?

The content of the file does not change.

Cheers, Rob.

47 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I can see the button events happening from the RSG 530

1) Is there any 'viewer' panel refreshing live? Would you care posting a screenshot while you depress the ENT key on the hardware?

2) Can you post the content of the ComandMaping.ini file located in the aircraft folder (if you've put one there)?
    Otherwise the content of the 'global' one from XP11\Resources\plugins\RealSimGear ?

Just use notepad to open the file(s), then copy/paste the content here

Besides, perusing their website I can read: 

Note: By default, the RealSimGear GNS430 is configured to be NAV2.  If you wish to use this as NAV1, please email us for simple instructions on how to change this.

This might imply GNS530 is configured to be NAV1 by default and probably there is a RSG config issue there.

[update] I've downloaded their plugin files and the CommandMapping.ini file is very simple and editable. In notepad it looks like this (excerpt):

[RealSimGear-GNS530#1]
sim/GPS/g430n1_nav_ff=sim/GPS/g430n1_nav_ff
sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff=sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff
sim/GPS/g430n1_cdi=sim/GPS/g430n1_cdi

[RealSimGear-GNS530#2]
sim/GPS/g430n1_nav_ff=sim/GPS/g430n2_nav_ff
sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff=sim/GPS/g430n2_com_ff
sim/GPS/g430n1_cdi=sim/GPS/g430n2_cdi

[RealSimGear-GNS430#1]
sim/GPS/g430n2_nav_ff=sim/GPS/g430n1_nav_ff
sim/GPS/g430n2_ent=sim/GPS/g430n1_ent
sim/GPS/g430n2_com_ff=sim/GPS/g430n1_com_ff

[RealSimGear-GNS430#2]
sim/GPS/g430n2_nav_ff=sim/GPS/g430n2_nav_ff
sim/GPS/g430n2_ent=sim/GPS/g430n2_ent
sim/GPS/g430n2_com_ff=sim/GPS/g430n2_com_ff

[RealSimGear-GTN750#1]
sim/GPS/g430n1_fine_down=sim/GPS/g430n1_fine_down
sim/GPS/g430n1_fine_up=sim/GPS/g430n1_fine_up
sim/GPS/g430n1_coarse_down=sim/GPS/g430n1_coarse_down

Basically for each RSG command identified by name (left of the = symbol), it sends an X-Plane command by name (right of the = symbol)

I don't know what makes your hardware a #1 or a #2 device, it is up to you to find this one out, but once found, you'll be able to find the device section name - like [RealSimGear-GNS430#2] - and check whether the list of commands match.

13 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So on initial first time setup of both 530 and 750 everything works fine.  Only AFTER I exit XP11 and come back in XP11 do I have this 530/750 conflict??

Having said this, if this works the first time you load the sim, but fails afterward, there is definitely something in the RSG mapping which is not working because in the case you're describing the hardware #2 is sending the #1 commands. 

Otherwise the only other possibility is you have thought adding a GTN#1 and GNS#2 but you've added a GNS#1 instead (which you can quickly check opening the RealityXP.GNS.ini file in the aircraft folder).

IF not any of this, there is a bug in our software but I doubt this otherwise there would be more reports of errors, and it won't work the first time anyhow.