Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Ainscough

No hide bezel option for XP version?

[disregard my post above, you've answered faster than me!]

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I had thought that setting the RXP 530 to COM2/NAV2 with "Master" RXP 750 on COM1/NAV1 was all that was needed

There are a few settings which affect what the RXP GNS/GTN is responding to, and controlling:

- Radios (COM1/NAV1 or COM2/NAV2)

- VLOC Source (NAV1 or NAV2)

- GPS Source (GPS1 or GPS2)

Only the latter (GPS Source) is the one which tells whether the RXP GPS 'replaces' the stock GPS #1 or GPS #2.

It is independent of the two others (in effect you can configure a RXP GNS #2 overriding the stock X-Plane GPS #1, and overriding the CoPilot side NAV1 datarefs and using the COM2/NAV2 radios - this particular combination probably won't be of any practical use though).

The reason for these settings is to interface to 3rd party aircraft not 'respecting' a certain logic in what datarefs they are using for their instruments. For example some are using the pilot side datarefs to drive the copilot side HSI in the panel.

In the case of the RSG config, it looks like it is directing the hardware device commands to the XPlane GPS#1 or GPS#2 commands. By default any RXP GPS #1 overrides XPlane GPS #1 (similarly for GPS #2), so that using for example a GTN #1 and a GNS #2 would get commands from a hardware GPS #1 and a hardware GPS #2 respectively.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for additional info Jean-Luc, adding to my notes.

To be honest it's probably pretty rare to have a real world aircraft with both 530 and 750, most are 530/430 or 750/650 or 750/750.  But I like to have the choice of both and in sim I typically do flight plans on the 750 and use the 530 for Traffic or Terrain elevation (so I don't swap pages in the 750) and 750 for maps/routing.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1