Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

Issues with Nav hold in aircraft using the default autopilot

Hi all,

So I'm okay until I have to turn on nav hold to resume GPS navigation.

I do so, and as far as I know my nav is set to the correct mode. However, heading hold is still on. I thought that was supposed to go off?

If I turn it off manually with Control+H and turn on Nav hold with CTRL+N, I get a "bank angle" callout from the GPWS callouts I have installed which means it's making a 30+deg turn for some reason.

Could this be because it is in nav mode and not GPS? And if this is the case, is there a way to switch nav modes via the keyboard? I only see CTRL+N in reference to nav hold.

Thanks.

Most FSX aircraft has a NAV/GPS switch.  If you want to maintain your flight path via GPS or flight computer and your NAV button, switch to GPS. Use the NAV switch if you want to maintain your CRS or ILS heading.  Usually when I fly in airliners I flip the switch to GPS before takeoff but use the HDG autopilot to maintain headings via ATC directives.  Once told to resume my navigation, I push the NAV button.  When landing via ILS, I flip the switch to NAV and use HDG, then switch to APR once I have captured the localizer.  Does that help?

I don't know a keystroke to flip from NAV to GPS off the top of my head.  Try looking at the keyboard controls in the sim settings.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors