Sign in to follow this  
generale84

Blurry after fresh install of P3D v4.5

Hi to all.

after 1 year of fight against Blurry (try many type of settings and tweaks usually know for P3D) in P3Dv4.5 (until used v4.4 all work fine) I decide to try a total cleaning of system.
Unistalled P3D and all addons with a cleaning of registry and tried a new fresh install.
But with vanilla P3D also have Blurry at (for example) 10.000ft using zoom on ground produce alway blurries, expecially on mountains.
I think thant maybe somethig else generate problem...driver? settings?

May someone have any ideas of what I can try on vanilla installation to try to find the issue?

My specs:

i7-4790k 4.4 Ghz
MSI Z97 Gaming 3
MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC 8 GB
16 GB Ram DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb

Rgds!

Edited by generale84

Lock your FPS via in-game limiter and see if that solves the issue. Running unlimited leaves almost no resources for terrain loading.

2 hours ago, Evros said:

Lock your FPS via in-game limiter and see if that solves the issue. Running unlimited leaves almost no resources for terrain loading.

do it, but no to gain in terms of blurries

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Do you have FXAA set to ON?

I set it off, but also with on blurries still here

It's a bit of a long shot, but try modifying your prepar3d.exe affinity after scenario has fully loaded. I have seen cases where affinity mask settings (in .cfg) result to blurries that are are cured just by ticking/unticking a core/thread and then re enabling it.

If you are not running affinity mask then I don't think that's it, but it's worth a try.

Oh and what do you mean by:

14 hours ago, generale84 said:

using zoom on ground produce alway blurries

Using high levels of zoom always produces crappy imagery because P3D terrain textures are not that sharp to begin with.

Umh never try this, way...how I can turn off/on cores for AM directly when sim running? till now I only modify cfg before start it.

51 minutes ago, generale84 said:

Umh never try this, way...how I can turn off/on cores for AM directly when sim running? till now I only modify cfg before start it.

Open Task Manager and navigate to Details tab. From there, look up Prepar3D.exe and right click on it. This will bring up the menu with Set affinity option. Un check first couple of threads from there and then re enable them or you could also try running those unchecked. 

If you get blurries with the internal frame limiter set to a reasonable value (e.g. 30 FPS), you are simply still overloading your CPU with too high settings. Simple as that.

But I think it is more related to a totally unrealistic expectation of how the ground should look like when zooming in...

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'm pretty sure that is a CPU overload, but if you read the first post also with vanilla P3D v4.5 using default Piper Cub with cavok I have blurry.

So strange....

Then it is your zoom thingy. I do not see classic blurries, but of course, if I zoom into a mountain some miles away, it is blurry. No chance to avoid this, as long as the terrain is not blurry underneath your plane in a radius matching your LOD setting, and this can be kept like this while flying around, everything is fine.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It seems pointless to speculate unless you show us a picture of what you see. From your initial post you could simply be describing LOD radius effects.

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Based on your screenshots -- you may be having a combination of zooming in to distant spots (in which case, it is normal to see what you're seeing), AND blurries, but I'm not sure yet.  More info needed...

If you hit "Pause" in any of your screenshotted locations, and wait about a minute or two, does the texture "pop" into higher resolution?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

yes, also without using pause if I mantain a external visual for 3-5 seconds the texture and also mesh details  (if I'm over moutains for example) near to me will popup and improve itself in order of details and resolutions

Edited by generale84