Sign in to follow this  
generale84

Blurry after fresh install of P3D v4.5

What FPS setting is set in P3D?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

30 minutes ago, Rogen said:

What FPS setting is set in P3D?

actually 30 fps locked. No vsync used.

Edited by generale84

With a locked frame rate FFTF is active at the default of 0.33 where as if unlimited FFTF is active at .01.

FFTF value refering to the amount of time spent loading scenery textures, where with higher values scenery loading is given more priority over FPS.

Most people tend to get blurries when set to unlimited FPS because unlimited prioritises FPS over scenery texture loading.

Given you've locked the frame rate you most probably get blurries because the CPU cannot keep up.

P3D will spin out texture loading onto other cores so more cores typicaly equals faster texture loading and less chance of blurries (to a point).

Given only 4 cores + 4 threads, you might want to trial disabling Hyperthreading in the BIOS and see if it helps, might also allow higher overclocking.

P3D also introduced a number of view improvment settings that can be added to the config file.

[GRAPHICS]

//MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=1000.000000  // default value
//MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=160000.000000
//MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=220000.000000
MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

[TERRAIN]

HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1

Personally I run P3D @ unlimited and limit the frame rate via VSync and a 30 Hz sceen mode, however the same can be achieved with Riva Tuner Statisics Server if a 30Hz capable monitor is not in use.

I also run FFTF Dynamic to dynamically control the FFTF value so that I don't get blurries while running P3D @ unlimited.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers

ps: DSo you have this value? if so try setting to False.

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

thank you for explain how FPS setting working. Well, if I understand right with lock to 30 FPS I priorize texture loading actually.

I use HT on om Bios; I will try to set it off and use all core and make a test in this way.

about MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE I use 320000 for prevent black texture loading of buildings.

About HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES I think is the same tickbox of HD texture in Graphic menu. Usually I turn it OFF, never seem help against blurries.

About  UseGlobalTerrainView=True I've to check and try also this test.

11 minutes ago, generale84 said:

about MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE I use 320000 for prevent black texture loading of buildings.

That's pretty high for your hardware.  Isn't the default value 1000?  I'd get rid of 320000 pronto until I solved my blurry problem.

You should really post up screenshots of your P3D settings screens.   We're all kind of grasping at straws here, without complete info.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I will post my setting asap.

about texture value, yes default is 1000. I set 32000 by following a guide on youtube about it. By the way also without this value on vanilla P3D blurry still remain.

I have never seen autogen to be present with blurries. Maybe it's a texture resolution issue?

8 hours ago, Evros said:

I have never seen autogen to be present with blurries. Maybe it's a texture resolution issue?

blurry effect don't stop if I use HD res or change texture res in P3D settings. Only texture directly under plane remain constantly with right focus and without blurries. 

The blurry increase with the increase of the altitude/FL of the flight.

10 hours ago, Rogen said:

ps: DSo you have this value? if so try setting to False.

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

yes I have and is set to False

Are you using FTX Global or openLC?  If so make sure your scenery library order is correct in FTX or ORBX Central.  This will cause the issues you are experiencing if they are on the wrong sequence. 

Alan

2 hours ago, exeodus said:

Are you using FTX Global or openLC?  If so make sure your scenery library order is correct in FTX or ORBX Central.  This will cause the issues you are experiencing if they are on the wrong sequence. 

I've checked but I think is correct. I will post you a shot of scenery library amd also ORBX library setting for check it. thanks.