Sign in to follow this  
Centrefix

[Closed] Landing Lights While Parked

I'm looking for help to resolve this issue... landing lights remain on while parked and no Navs, which i'm quite happy to have permanently on. It's the FLAI/AIA E195.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMN28S8r1BWZ1r4axHDuLsEkMW4PRpd8BP-D85ML6dHEwMULW1WQeFDZy2JaUUP2w/photo/AF1QipPI_ti08Zm_feUJbuCSHkkRQnXyIupEnDUYB5ty?key=ZDIwdFFTTDhzSUdCdUlPYmstRXdVYlNBdmNXYVNB

Jason Carling

5 minutes ago, Centrefix said:

I'm looking for help to resolve this issue... landing lights remain on while parked and no Navs, which i'm quite happy to have permanently on. It's the FLAI/AIA E195.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMN28S8r1BWZ1r4axHDuLsEkMW4PRpd8BP-D85ML6dHEwMULW1WQeFDZy2JaUUP2w/photo/AF1QipPI_ti08Zm_feUJbuCSHkkRQnXyIupEnDUYB5ty?key=ZDIwdFFTTDhzSUdCdUlPYmstRXdVYlNBdmNXYVNB

Hi Jason,

Open a ticket with FLA/AI that is a "texture" base lighting being represented, not real landing lights if you know what I mean. In other words, this particular model has a "illumination map" which just goes on automatically at night to simulate the lights are on.

This is an old technique from FS9 / FSX times.

All the best,

Simbol

I see stuff like that on some of my AI planes, but I can't be bothered to work out how to remove it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It is because 'night textures' for the model such as these, are essentially a 'darkened paint job' version, based on what the thing looks like in the daytime, but with the bits that are 'lit up' being left bright to create the appearance of lights shining on bits of the aeroplane at night. Unlike with the dynamic lights which you see in more recent fancier models, the program loads that night texture in to create the appearance of lights going on.

The easiest way to sort that out if you don't want that, is to copy the daytime paint job into a paint program, and then use brightness and contrast to darken that image until it appears as the plane would in the dark, then save that as your nighttime texture. Bearing in mind of course that if you did that, then you would not have the appearance of the fuselage illuminated if you then turned your taxi, logo and landing lights on, because it isn't dynamic lighting like you find on more recent models.

If you wanted to do that to a lot of AI models, it would be a tedious process to do manually to each one, but in a program such as Photoshop, it is possible to record a script of the process you perform on one file, then use that recorded script file with the Batch function (on the File - Automate menu), to have it do that to every image file type in a specific folder location on your computer.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here